A Guide to HDT-SMP Users/Modders

treota

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys i hope any1 can help me

i have full smp unnp body i want to change body in bodyslide 2, change u know slim and fat/breast siz u know.. but i cant only prestes in game.

i try copy the skeleton from that body to bodyslide 2 and override is not working

sorry for bad english

hi guys i hope any1 can help me

i have full smp unnp body i want to change body in bodyslide 2, change u know slim and fat/breast siz u know.. but i cant only prestes in game.

i try copy the skeleton from that body to bodyslide 2 and override is not working

sorry for bad english

You will need in this order (use mod organizer for less headaches):

- Bodyslide

- HDT SMP

- SMP UUNP Body

- Run bodyslide making sure to pick the physics enabled version of UUNP

- XPMSE Skeleton (Nothing should override this)

Bodyslide will only change the body shape of the 'outfit/body' that you run it on, to change your body shape for all outfits you will need to either get or create bodyslide data for them and run a batch task (bottom left of bodyslide).

edit:

If you are not getting physics after running bodyslide you may need to open the body mesh file (femalebody_0.nif) and check that the name of the base shape has not changed, if so it will need to be changed in the defaultBBPs.xml config (Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs)

Edited by treota

Hi, so I'm basically a casual Skyrim player and never done that much modding. I was just looking for something to add hair physics and I stumbled upon HDT-SMP. I literally don't know anything about this. So can you please help me with just the basic steps of how to do anything? Just the totally basic steps, something an idiot like me will understand. I don't use any other body mods or hair mods or clothing mods, if that helps. Mine is Skyrim Special Edition version 1.1.47.0.8.
My config:

Core i5 4590, AMD RX-480 4 GB, Windows 10

Hi, so I'm basically a casual Skyrim player and never done that much modding. I was just looking for something to add hair physics and I stumbled upon HDT-SMP. I literally don't know anything about this. So can you please help me with just the basic steps of how to do anything? Just the totally basic steps, something an idiot like me will understand. I don't use any other body mods or hair mods or clothing mods, if that helps. Mine is Skyrim Special Edition version 1.1.47.0.8.

My config:

Core i5 4590, AMD RX-480 4 GB, Windows 10

Unfortunately, nothing is super easy with SMP.

You will need:

I would highly recommend using a mod manager to save headaches with reverting changes and backing up game files, I personally use Mod Organizer, however, Nexus Mod Manager will also do the job.

Edited by treota

Thank you very much for the reply. Although I actually want the physics for the vanilla hairs. So is there any mod for that? (I can't seem to find any, those that I do find are for the non special version) Or is it just added by HDT-SMP itself? If not what does the HDT-SMP itself actually adds? Sorry if I sound too idiotic but I literally don't know anything and the chinese site doesn't help. Also will my game version cause any problems?

Edited by NlyDfrt43

I have not found the vanilla hairs in my travels.

At the moment it is probably a case of DIY unfortunately, you might be able to adapt an oldrim project that adds physics to vanilla hairs if one exists, that, however, is another kettle of fish.

HDT-SMP is just a physics engine that plugs into Skyrim, it adds nothing on its own, the actual physics bodies are defined using various .xml files that are linked to game objects.

Having an out of date SSE will make your life harder, you would have to find a compatible version of SKSE & SMP that were built for that particular version if any exist.

Just a (maybe) dumb question
i got the HDT SMP working but I would like to stop the belly from bouncing all around. I read I can go and modify the xml values, but so far what I tried gave no results. Could someone give me a hint about which file and which lines should be modified, and the values to insert?Â
Thanks in advance.

EDIT

Nvm, I found the correct file to edit.

In case you have the same problem, you can look for an hdt settings file that suits the body of your choices. However, you can do it also by yourself, editing the right .xml file you should find in your body directory. The file you need could be named cbbe-hdt or something like that. The directory is skse/plugins/hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs/, but in the folder of your chosen body.

open that file with word pad (make a backup first)

find the "belly" section

change the values with these ones:

<bone name="HDT Belly"/>
<bone-default>
<mass>0.000000</mass>
<inertia x="1" y="1" z="1"/>
<centerOfMassTransform>
<basis x="0" y="0" z="0" w="1"/>
<origin x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
</centerOfMassTransform>
<linearDamping>0.85</linearDamping>
<angularDamping>0.85</angularDamping>
<friction>0</friction>
<rollingFriction>0</rollingFriction>
<restitution>0</restitution>
</bone-default>
<bone name="NPC Belly"/>
<generic-constraint-default>
<frameInB>
</frameInB>
<useLinearReferenceFrameA>false</useLinearReferenceFrameA>
<linearLowerLimit x="-5" y="-5" z="-5"/>
<linearUpperLimit x="5" y="5" z="5"/>
<angularLowerLimit x="-0.1" y="0" z="-0.1"/>
<angularUpperLimit x="0.1" y="0" z="0.1"/>
<linearStiffness x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
<angularStiffness x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
<linearDamping x="0.99" y="0.99" z="0.99"/>
<angularDamping x="0.99" y="0.99" z="0.99"/>
<linearEquilibrium x="0" y="0" z="-2"/>
<angularEquilibrium x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
<linearBounce x="0.5" y="0.5" z="0.5"/>
<angularBounce x="0.5" y="0.5" z="0.5"/>
</generic-constraint-default>
<generic-constraint bodyA="NPC Belly" bodyB="HDT Belly"/>
<bone-default>
<mass>0.000000</mass>
<inertia x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
<centerOfMassTransform>
</centerOfMassTransform>
<linearDamping>0</linearDamping>
<angularDamping>0</angularDamping>
<friction>0</friction>
<rollingFriction>0</rollingFriction>
<restitution>0</restitution>
</bone-default>

If you experience a crash, be sure you have a correct loading order:

• SKSE
  • HDT Physics Extension
  • Body
  • Skeleton

I hope it helps, unfortunately I'm not a pro modder and surely there are better tutorials out there to solve this matter.

Edited by Suel86

• 4 weeks later...

• X: Left/Right/Pitch
  • Y: Up/Down/Yaw
  • Z: Forward/Back/Twist/Roll

Please help me understand this, because unless SMP is inventing its own axes, it's wrong.

Angular Left/Right is Yaw, not Pitch. Yaw is movement about the vertical axis of an object- in aircraft, primarily controlled by rudders.

Angular Up/Down is Pitch, not Yaw. Pitch is movement about the lateral axis of an object- in aircraft, primarily controlled by elevators.

Linear Forward/Back is Fore/Aft, not Twist/Roll. Fore & Aft are actually bipolar longitudinal vectors, not really an axis per se, while Roll is angular movement about the longitudinal axis of an object- in airplanes, primarily controlled by ailerons.

It is not conceptually possible for "Z" (or any other single label) to represent both fore/aft linear movement AND twist/roll angular movement at the same time. Yes, an object can move fore/aft and twist/roll at the same time, but it can't legitimately use the same descriptor or label ("Z") for both of those movements because then the label becomes ambiguous and functionally meaningless. Therefore, "Z" must be one or the other- either it is Fore/Aft (linear) movement or it is Roll/Twist (angular) movement. In the case of Skyrim physics systems, it seems that it would have to be exclusively fore/aft because there are no roll controls in Skyrim physics systems.

Also, please advise where I can find a definition (with examples) of "proxy object," which is mentioned and used to define or "clarify" other concepts but not themselves clearly explained or defined that I could see. Maybe I've just gone blind- it's late. :wallbash:

Thanks.

Apologies, I somehow managed to miss this post entirely.

Some info:

- SMP uses Bullet, not HAVOK (if that is what you mean by Skyrim physics systems)

- The attributes described here are acting on rotation and translation matrices

The axis description there is from trial & error observation of changing values and seeing what they influenced in game.

The list there is probably cramming too much information together, it is a merge of both translation and rotation and could probably be split into two different lists.

I'll update the guide with two lists split into rotation axis and translation axis.

Proxy objects

This would probably be a whole guide in itself, the idea is to attach mesh to the skeleton that is invisible but can collide with other objects.

This is done to both optimize collision performance and narrow the collision to the exact area you actually want to be affected by objects colliding.

example (for a static collision object that does not move its attached bone around):

Hair with physics applied to it.

I don't want the hair to clip through my characters body, while I could define the whole body as a collision object this would both be unperformant and may cause collisions I don't want. (e.g. hand colliding with legs)

So instead I make a simple piece of geometry that is attached to the appropriate part of the skeleton and just provides something for my hair to collide with, this is invisible in game so it just looks like the hair is colliding with the body.

I'll look at removing leading info on these from the guide as they are a bit complex for this particular document (also added a section with a brief overview).

Edited by treota