Lost .nif head preset and racemenu broken

SleepyDoll1

I don't know if I could've made this issue more complicated but if you even have the strength to read through all of this, I applaud you. xD

Okay, so recently I converted from ECE to racemenu. Everything went well in the end including head export and all that. I went on with customizing throughout the game as I did before. As days passed by, I added a couple of more mods untill one day, I load my save and my character's face was all messed up and opening racemenu would crash the game. I figured, of course, it must've been one of those mods I just downloaded that very day because everything was fine before them. I disabled/deleted them and checked the game without them one by one. Nothing. Then I tried to do the same with my older mods related to character creation and it turned out to be one mod that I actually had for a longer time but it didn't cause me any trouble before. So finally the showracemenu command worked but there were two NEW problems:
1.) There were significantly less sliders in each section of racemenu.
2.) The head preset that I have saved ages ago before converting to racemenu through the chargenexport mod (the .nif file) was gone and not even in my data folder, just suddenly deleted.
I had this character for the longest time and really don't want to start from scratch and even if I would, I wouldn't be able to change much because of the big lack of sliders (I think there are even less now than in the vanilla creator).
I tried to find a remotely similar problem on the web but nothing came up and, while reading the mods' descriptions, I didn't find any sort of warnings that would tell me something crazy like this would happen. But I don't know, maybe I missed something. I even tried a file recovery application but so far no luck.
Mods I installed then deleted:
- Orc unuglification (lol I wanted to try and make a sort of hybrid)
- Race compatibility
- UNP texture blender - mature skin
- Dremora race mods --> these ones were apparently the trouble-makers but I only found that out after I installed then deleted the ones above which is very confusing
I am helpless, any guess is welcome. I don't wanna play with a female ogre wood elf on steroids.

Are you using a mod manager (Mod Organizer, Wrye Bash, or Nexus Mod Manager)? If you are manually installing these mods directly into your data folder you have most likely removed files that were necessary for the other mods to run properly. You will need to reinstall them. Especially RaceMenu - reinstall it last so that none of its files are overwritten.

I am using NMM and I disabled then enabled racemenu and now suddenly her face, the sliders and everything else is back to normal. I exported the head again. Only I'm too scared to download a race mod ever again. Like I said, I didn't delete anything myself, the file just dissapeared on it's own after installing and uninstalling the above mentioned mods.

Tnx for the reply tho :smile:

You're not the only one! I've been having problems with my RaceMenu morphs not sticking. I keep having to reload my preset to get my character looking right again. I have also had trouble with custom races - the mod "Custom Races", actually. I actually had to repair the mod myself to get it working properly - it had the meshes looking for the incorrect textures.

Good Luck with your modding adventures! :)