Weapon Debris Hitching

Radioactivelad

I'm mostly just wondering if anyone else is getting this or was getting this, because google has been aggravatingly barren on the matter.

In a Nutshell:

With Weapon Debris enabled, the game will pause for just barely a second after a bullet impacts a surface. Understandably, this primarily happens when chunks of debris spawn, but it also occasionally happens when an enemy is dismembered. Mostly happens with ghouls, oddly, But that might be observer bias since they fall apart easier. It might also be the bullet just keeps going and actually impacts a surface when a character is dismembered?

How often it happens is a bit hit-or-miss. My current theory is that it happens once in a given cell, possibly once for each debris type; though usually not.

Game settings (including the debris setting) do not affect it at all.

This has been happening since the effects were first released.

I'd also like to mention that I don't lose any FPS to the presence of even large amounts of Debris, at all. I can fire a rocket into a pool of debris without even a hiccup, sans that blasted hitch when I first start filling said pool, which according to an fps counter is the FR dropping by 5 or so frames. I have an EVGA GTX 980 SC.

I was thrilled to discover that my Harddrive was 35% fragmented, with Fallout 4 files making up a sizeable chunk of that. But, after 24 hours of hot defraggin' action bringing it down to only 3%....No improvement.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Radioactivelad

Intel i7-4770K Haswell CPU

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB RAM
Asus Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB SuperClocked GPU
Edited by ma1025

i5-4690 and 8gb of G.Skill Sniper Series here. Ugh.

I guess it might be the Ram after hearing about Fallout 4's surprising dependency on it, in which case maybe it'll get improved in a patch.

It'd probably be a little much to ask of you to see how it is with one of your sticks temporarily removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgE92aOBuWk

You'll probably wanna watch that on the highest quality you can.

Honestly, I didn't notice a difference except for the deathclaw AI process stopping when I got the minigun really going with more of the scene in view.

That might be because of some .ini entries accounting for double the RAM, but I don't know for sure.

This was also recorded with my ENB and ReShade enabled and I still didn't notice any kind of stuttering with weapon fire or debris.

If annotations are disabled for you, the first segment is with 16GBs RAM and the seconds is 8GB.

Edited by ma1025