Made morphs in the past, and they didn't work for other people

I don't really know, honestly. I can change the extension of it in the toolset itself and outside of the toolset, but it stays the same kb size whether it's a .mor or an .mrh. I have my settings the same as skymoves and export it as she showed.

I also had never this option to rename the file ending. I have tried it with my Toolset and I don't get any oppertunity to change something of the file ending.

As Sky and Mcgoy said that's only possible outside of the Toolset.

Strange.

Have you any pics which show this possibility to change the ending of the file ? Sorry, for my bad English I don't know how to describe it. :D

What does your Log Window "say" when you have exported a file?

Okay, you know what?

I just realized what the problem was.

In the file where the log exports to, the .mors are sized down.

I NEVER LOOKED THERE.

Just slap me right now. Just a big ol slap upside my derpy self.

Still made the slideshow of my being able to manually change the file names while I have the toolset open, though. Didn't do the log until after.

One doesn't "rename" the file in the Toolset. One creates a .mrh file, which is converted into the .mor file using the Export function.

1678793-1460215158.png

Notes:

a. The "df_" prefix was automagically added to the file name during the export process because this .mrh had been designated as being for a "Dwarf Female". Another race or gender would have had its appropriate prefix added.

b. I first used the Toolset with my original retail disc installation of the game and I've never bothered to adjust the the various folder paths since then, so the ones in the export log are valid. The equivalent paths for my UE installation under EA/Origin are slightly different, but that doesn't matter for this discussion (and obviously might be different for someone else's environment anyway.)

c. The process for creating a .mop ("morph preset") file from a .mrh for use in the Character Creator is similar.

Edited by Thandal
Ninja'd by the OP, but leaving this in case someone else has the same issue.

What you have shown in the screenshots (Naveese) is the ability to select what file name to open. Opening/Saving a .mrh file is not the same as 'post to local' that creates a .mor file or a .mop file (depending on settings)

Alright, I see. I never realized I was doing it wrong until just now. I have no idea why I didn't think that exporting was posting the proper .mor file in another folder while I was the one screwing it up.

All of that trouble for nothing... good lord.

I'm sorry, everyone. But thank you so much for working with my dense ass self... lol.

Edited by Naveese