Censored posts

Dijas

If you like sports, you must know the sensation of seeing a referee showing yellow and red cards like he was the star of the match.

I know that many of the mwsources users spam a lot. Just like they usualy (as it happened to me once, today as a matter a fact) don't search for topics already related with what they're looking for.

I don't want to be rude but don't you think moderators close too many topics? Lately, when I read unread posts, it happens that its majority is a censor message from a moderator.

It happens too to see 2 posts from same moderator in a row instead of editing the first one.

This a constructive critic, please don't take it wrong. I'm starting to consider these moderator's messages as moderator's spam.

Please think about it.

I have admittedly posted twice in a row when I forgot to lock a post, which is why I put 'Oops!' You cannot add a lock into an edit! But it has only happened once. Sometimes posts appear consecutive when something in between is deleted. Apart from my one error, to my knowledge no moderator has posted twice consecutively.

If you feel a thread has been locked unfairly, please PM the mod who locked it and ask for an explanation. Usually we give this in the locking message but if it is unclear you should follow it up. Sometimes threads do get unlocked if it seems there is more to say.

One thing to remember is that, for the benefit of those browsing the boards, the contents of each topic should be relatively clear from the title it is given. I locked one thread today because the subject was guar in Morrowind and the last post was about whether there were dragons in Daggerfall. Even the poster noted it was off topic!

I hope this clarifies the position.

Miss the "moderation options" menu in the bottom left corner while you're viewing a thread? You don't even need to post at all to lock/move/etc a thread, we just do it for the explanation reason.

As for locking, most of the stuff is because its gone off topic. Sure, the original thread may be fine, but what continues after that is at best something for another thread. Also, once a simple "where is person x" question can usually be answered in a single post. So anything after that is usually just spam, and the threads are often locked to stop that. And quite a few of the threads I've locked recently have been at the request of the thread starter, a post like "thanks, guess this is done and you can lock it".

Archived