See all loaded textures in currently loaded cells/worldspace?

SureAI

Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether there's a window in the CK that displays all currently loaded textures in the viewport/in all currently loaded cells. It would come very handy in terms of optimisation, since too many textures affect the loading times very badly. Is there? :)

Thanks in advance!

Nicolas

Hey Dreez,

Thanks! Nah, that's not exactly what I was looking for. Though I will take a closer look at that tools. Basically, what I'd need is a way to display all textures currently loaded in a cell. For example, if there's a plank that uses a 1k or 512 map that is not used elsewhere in this worldspace, I want to change that texture to something more fitting. Obviously, that can also be done by just taking a close look at the cell itself, but most engines have such a tool, so I thought CE might, too. :)

Oh wow. Kinda like reducing the huge number of assets the game calls upon. Either way you try to accomplish that task would be monumental. The best way to see everything in a space would be to load that space in the creation kit. The creation kit will display a list of EVERY item in that room. From there you could look at those items and see the meshes/textures they use.

Once you find something you want to change you would extract the BSA file your item is located in. Open the NIF(mesh) file and then manually change the texture files.

TBH I am not sure it would be worth it. I find this process time consuming just to put meshes and textures all in their correct place when making a new armor/weapon. It would be even more tedious trying to do this for assets already in the game. Plus in a way you wont really reduce the stress on your system because when the game loads it will first load the BSA then load your overwrites.

Hope this info helps! Good luck!

Hey Dreez,

Thanks! This is pretty much what I've been doing - we're working on a Total Conversion (Enderal) and right now our loading times are kind of problematic (particularly the capital city), but if there isn't a shortcut I'll just have to do it manually. Thanks! :smile:

Edit: Okay, I just had a chat with our LD lead! Turns out there actually is a function for this! It is in Preferences -> View -> View Scene Info (haven't checked it myself). Apparently it does exactly what I was looking for - display the number of textures used, and even the individual texture size. :)

Best,

Nic

Edited by SureAILatiro

Turns out there actually is a function for this! It is in Preferences -> View -> View Scene Info (haven't checked it myself). Apparently it does exactly what I was looking for - display the number of textures used, and even the individual texture size. :smile:

Best,

Nic

Wow, exactly what I needed too, incidentally. nice!