Fallout 4 1.5 Update Public Service Announcement

SirSalami

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what happened.. but I my mods will not work.

Here's what happened, I was in the latest beta update with ALL my mods working fine but it would CTD with no errors every now and then so I decided to delete local content and reinstall.

Now my mods won't work? It is the same patch version but now they just won't work.

I added a hair mod, the hair style names are in the menu but its just a bald head.

Why is this happening? It worked fine before I reinstalled -_-

• 3 weeks later...

i have a similar problem and so far i have found out that it's not Always the mods that crash the game it's the F4SE coz it's Still in Very early stages and Because The mods That Reguire Archive invalidate Don't Work Anymore

Because After Patch 1.5 It's Not Needed Anymore So it's Old News/Scrap

Here's a Fix That works for me atleast for now

1) Delete all "Fallout 4" mods in Nexus Mod Manager.

2) Load the game cleanly (with no mods) and save it.

3) Update Nexus Mod Manager and reinstall the required mods.

4) Optional: If the above steps don't work, try reinstalling Nexus Mod Manager and starting over.

In response to post #38273025.

epic22narwhal wrote: I don't know what happened.. but I my mods will not work.

Here's what happened, I was in the latest beta update with ALL my mods working fine but it would CTD with no errors every now and then so I decided to delete local content and reinstall.

Now my mods won't work? It is the same patch version but now they just won't work.

I added a hair mod, the hair style names are in the menu but its just a bald head.

Why is this happening? It worked fine before I reinstalled -_-

i got somewhat the same problem..

i had a clean instal after moving fallout to a other disc after that installed all my old mods (still saved bij NMM) now when i try to play moost of the mods don't show up, but still they are activated.. just like you said it shows the hair names but all are bald.. script mods work fine (like spring cleaning) others just don't show up (ow yeah only my own mod works fine)

• 2 weeks later...
I used to have it heavily modded with over 100 mods,mostly esp's. Now, only a 15-20% of mods works due to it's author's updates. I did reinstalled it over 5 times, checked steam file integrity around 10 times, changed Loot and MO versions,yet nothing. Even reinstalled NMM twice,still a lot of mod's isn't working at all. Loot also gives wrong load order sometimes. Bethesda should fix this issue because it's kill's many great mod's out there,and i'm still wonder why they're published patch/dlc's that give's major problems to modding community,without proper intensive testing's first. Weird.. Edited by MindDoser

• 4 weeks later...
In response to post #39704080.

thoryn1024 wrote: My fallout 4 takes really long to load now, apparently i have to edit the fallout.ini but i dont know what to edit any help?

google fallout 4 custom ini. ( you will probably have to create the file, but there should be a video that shows you exactly what text to enter, and where)
Hope this helps :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to add the mod through the updated NMM but it keeps ending at 73% with "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object"

I have tried this twice now, once through directly dowloading through the manager and again manually downloading it and trying to install it through the manager. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I love this mod, and use it on Skyrim and other Bethesda games.