Dark Souls Style Backstabs in Skyrim, Need advice and scripting help

Deathneko11

I have seen a lot of interest in bringing some of the Souls games' feel to skyrim and I am one that holds such an interest. I am trying to bring backstabbing into skyrim where when an attack is done to the back of an enemy then a backstab animation is initiated (there should be some animations already in the game that can be used for this) and does critical damage like in the souls games. I believe I can set this up with custom weapons that have a hidden weapon enchantment.

I have a few details to hash out though. What variable determines if an attack is on the back of an actor? What variables would be needed in the creation of the enchantment and what exactly is a hidden enchantment? and the big one:

How the heck do I write a script to initiate an animation when the enchantment on the weapon activates?

Also what I would like to see is if it would be possible to script it to where the enchantment could be applied to weapons dynamically on an event call such as when weapon is equipped or drawn, if this would be too resource heavy or too complex.

Would someone please help me out here? I have almost no scripting knowledge. I have a papyrus guide but I only understand about 20% of what I'm reading. Please, help me figure out this enchantment and how to set up a script for it.

Any ideas, advice, tips, and pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Deathneko11

I have watched the videos and glanced over it but what he tries to do is a little different from how i'm trying to set it up. What I'm trying to do should be more fluid and give pretty close to the feel of the way it's set up in the souls games.