Enclave centered quest mod "Project Albatross"

fatman1130

Ok, so basically I have no real experience with creating mods, i can kinda mess with existing meshes but thats pretty much it, so thats why im here. The mod would be dlc size im assuming, the quest would be kinda long and centered around the enclave and the brotherhood (sorry institute players). The quest would manly be about how a falling spacecraft would be seen reentering the atmosphere by the player, the player would go to the location that pops up where it says it crashed, you gat there and its in pieces, with the main fuselage still intact but heavily damaged. Seeing that all the hatches to the ship are now melted shut you go to the brotherhood to see if you can get an engineer to come with you and cut it open, this is where a possible new companion is introduced, I was thinking female, about the same age as Maxon if not younger, and wanting to become a knight. So she goes with you and as you approach the craft she recognizes one of the symbols as the enclave, which scares her immensely. She opens a hole in the ship and only you go in, you see burnt corpses in strange uniforms resembling a Hazmat suit mixed with an enclave officers uniform, now the real thing that stands out are the two dead pilots in power armor, i was thinking a modified X-02 but with extra tubing, different helmet (more astronauty) and maybe white black and orange in color. this is when you invite her to come in and she finds multiple documents in one of the sealed compartments, they contain different mission briefings about the enclaves space station, and a project "Albatross". From there i dont really have much more planned out except you get to modify t-60 to survive in space, create a thruster pack that lets you move in space (also possibly let you do quick strafes on the ground like in Armored Core) and new weapons modification, like a high cap laser rifle mod that lets you use a fusion core. eventually the enclave come to the commonwealth to salvage whats left of there shuttle, the encounter the brotherhood there and the battle begins. later in the quest you find out how to board and steal an enclave shuttle and head to there space station. When you get there you find out they have been recovering multiple alien tech and using it to further there equipment. Another thing you come to learn is that "Albatross" is actually a ship, and when you board it right before it luanches from the station you also learn that it has the first warp drive on it (alien tech) and while your fighting the enclave the ship warps to mars, but aliens see the warp signature and a huge mothership appears, takes out some of the systems and then you destroy the mothership, you then have to EVA to fix up some of the ship (this is after you have already killed most of the enclave on it) and you warp back home and crash the ship back in the commonwealth. Thats all a really have so far. This mod would add a ton of new mechanics, quests, items, and NPCs. The CK would most definitely be needed along with multiple very skilled moders. Like i said i dont know much about moding but im willing to learn if it will make this happen. Theres also a ton of more stuff that could be added to this story, what i wrote is just the frame work.

Edited by fatman1130

I know you probably don't want to hear this... but if you have limited or no experience with Creation Engines... you might want to consider starting small. The best starting spot is usually learning to design interiors (layout, navmeshing, lighting, etc). What you propose is a rather serious quest mod which will require extensive scripting, and while there are Nexus members who absolutely will assist you with learning how to script, most of these individuals also have projects of their own and limited time to be consumed in other people's ideas. This is not to say that you are doomed. Quite the contrary in fact, basic instruction will suffice for learning common useful scripts, and what you really need is a proof-of-concept to get people invested into your project. This having been said, I myself am getting rather tired of waiting on the accursed F4 Creation Kit because I desperately want to start memorizing the new search prefixes for some test build projects of my own. Ultimately, hands remain tied until the new GECK drops... and the toolkit becomes readily available to be mass-used.