New Settlement Boundaries

you literally only have to make boxes, and delete sides, that's it

You'd be of more use if you literally told everyone the steps to do it instead of throwing condescending statements.

use BAE on the meshes.ba2, then find the workshop boundaries in there. their dir is meshes/workshop I just saw them in there the other day. Then, download 3dsmax and get the .nif plugin for it. Open 3ds max, file->import nif Then edit those. When done, export as NIF.

If you don't know how to use those I'd recommend you look at tutorials but boxes are easy to edit. You could even expand things by just duplicating the fall boundary walls and moving those.

Edited by seekingthesun

Right, I know those exist, and I could edit those, but that's not what I asked. I asked if there was a tool in the Creation Kit that would do that process with a click of a button. There isn't one, so know I need to figure out how to export the trigger boxes as a nif so I can make an exacting boundary like the vanilla ones.

use BAE on the meshes.ba2, then find the workshop boundaries in there. their dir is meshes/workshop I just saw them in there the other day. Then, download 3dsmax and get the .nif plugin for it. Open 3ds max, file->import nif Then edit those. When done, export as NIF.

If you don't know how to use those I'd recommend you look at tutorials but boxes are easy to edit. You could even expand things by just duplicating the fall boundary walls and moving those.

His problem isnt that he doesnt know where the meshes are, or that he cant edit the meshes.. the problem is, figuring out a way to get the meshes to line up EXACTLY with the in-game boundaries. So far as I can see, that will be a complete pain in the ass at present.

I wonder if you posted on the Beth CK feedback forums, asking about this and how they suggest you generate them to line up, if they would give you any kind of insight to what they did, or whether they would even consider including some form of helper for this in the CK.

Making a box in either GECK or 3dMAX is easy. Making that bloody box match the terrain of whatever forsaken land I choose and have it ply perfectly is another thing. THAT is what me and kuro want to know., not how to extract the boundary nifs from the game files, or how to make a box. Aight?

Now, anyone has any ideas?

Lots of trial and error!?!?!?! AKA FUN TIMES AHEAD! :tongue:

100% sure beth devs didn't do that.

I don't know, it is Bethesda we are talking about, they seem to like doing things the most backward, pain in the ass way possible :tongue:

That's what I was about to say as well. :)

I'll post over at Beth CK forums to see if they can give me and Ethreon some insight.