Fallout 4 CTD on save load

roxas1785

Okay, this is interesting. I was having the exact same issue. The only UI-related mod I had still activated was the "No dotdotdot" mod that gets rid of the [...] on the item names. As soon as I uninstalled that, my load worked. No problem after that. Hopefully that helps. :smile:

I've never had that mod in my load order. But, I have heard that's causing a problem for a lot of people having that issue.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I found that I can load a save from which i've lost over 9 hours of playtime and an entire settlement to which most of that 9 hours was dedicated. I hope someone figures this out because at the moment, i'm a little burnt out on Fallout.

And now, with the 1.5 update, my saves now work- at the cost of all my plugins being disabled. No joke, even if I open my Mod Manager to reactivate them, they will quite literally DEACTIVATE THEMSELVES in front of my eyes, while I'm still in the Plugins tab.

At this point I'm ready to pack my bags, send an angry letter to Todd "IT JUST WORKS" Howard, and go back to wishing for a Nuclear Winter in the Mojave Desert.

EDIT: Huh. Apparently everything's fine and dandy now. After blowing off some steam, I attempted once more to activate my plugins and launch the game- and this time, even my female saves work.

I guess it really does just work... when the game wants to, that is.

Edited by Guest

i have just spent the entire day (UK time) updating NMM, deleting completely every mod i had loaded, re-downloaded most of them bar the ones i did not want as i have found them to be crap (sorry for that guys) only to find out (via here) that the UIs where causing the problems.

I AM SO PISSED OFF WITH BETHESDA. they are turning into another microsoft with no quality control over their programmers :wallbash: :verymad: >:(

Nicki

PS I love Fallout 4 like i loved Skyrim.

Ok... Now I tried deleting all my interface mods, and instead of CTD on load, it is now CTD on startup, right after the black and white circle screen thing. Frustrating to no end.

**Edit: Have now disabled all plugins still CTD on startup

Edited by Fingerthecat

As mentoined, I got the same issue. De-activating didn't helped me out. First successful loading of my latest save game was done after UN-installing all mods. Now I reinstall all of them step by step. I'll keep you up which mods are doing trouble.