Bug in Arlington Library

Are you using FOOK2? If so, you might want to try:

NOTE: Some users, not all, have a crash issue with the Eat'O'Tronics. If you are crashing in an area with an Eat'O'Tronic, you might want to remove the FOOK2 version of the "automat01.nif" from your "\Fallout 3\Data\meshes\Architecture\Urban\StreetDressing" directory. (thanks fraper)

Both the Bloodhounds Jet Lab across from the library and the Children's Wing have an Eat'O'Tronic.

burnoutspartan - Hello!

I've never had a freeze in Arlington Library.

Does the game freeze only in Arlington Library? Or does it happen elsewhere, in small interiors, locking up & then CTDing?

Are you running Fallout 3 on a multi core?

If so, it could be the Fallout 3 multi core bug.

Fallout 3 has trouble with multi core computers, mainly with ones that have more than two cores & use hyperthreading.

You need to edit your .ini, the one you want to change is in:

For XP:

My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\

For Win7:

Documents\My Games\Fallout3

& change this line:

bUseThreadedAI=0

to:

bUseThreadedAI=1

& insert this line under it:

iNumHWThreads=2

Save & close your ini.

Hope this Helps!

Prensa

• 1 year later...

Sorry for raising the thread from the dead, but I just couldn't have left without thanking blove.

Removing that damn automat fixed every single issue i've had with the game since... well, two years ago.

Blove, I only regret the lack of ability to personally hug you.

THANK YOU.

• 6 years later...

Thanks again to blove for pointing out the automat issue, I'm not using FOOK but still with vanilla + UUF3P + a few extra textures/models mods I had this issue.

Just in case someone else is having this issue after so many years, if you have installed the mod Tweaked Automat Modders Resource v1.2 by lordinquisitor that's the troubling mesh, you can instead use Automat Fix by RoyBatterian.