Reverse Request: Undead/Necromancy Only

Fantafaust

I'm looking for ideas to practice on, to get better at scripting, and spell-making.
Please limit your requests to Undead, Necromancy, or generally dark/evil themed spells or effects.
Also be sure to let me know if you would prefer your request to be standalone, or are fine with it being packaged along with other similarly-themed items.

If I like your idea I'll let you know, and try to give you an ETA depending on its complexity. Keep in mind that the simpler the spell/effect, the easier I can make it, so don't go requesting huge overhauls or insanely complicated quests.

Items marked with (M) are in my main file, items marked (S) are in their own files.

Color Key:
Lime Green - Completed Spells/Abilities(Ab)
Electric Violet - Completed Lesser Power
Red - Incomplete Spells/Items
Green - Completed Enchantments
Cyan - Activation Functionality
Gold - Completed Items
Medium Spring Green - Vanilla/DLC Modified Spells
Violet - ETA
Yellow - Completed Perks
White - Highlighting

My Own Current Completed Work(M):

• Open Undead follower inventory by activating them(standard interact button), allows you to equip the undead with whatever weapon/ammo/armor you want
  • BloodWorm Helm + Essence Drain spell - Essence Drain now captures souls in the final master level spell, or if you're wearing enough clothing with the MannimarcoApparel keyword. Soul Trap functionality requested by Dimensionlord1
  • Staff of Worms + Enchantment(new mesh to be done later)
  • Wraith Dodge spell - phase partially into shadow, attacks pass through you, but yours don't pass through them
  • Conscript Undead spell - force hostile undead(ie draugr) to fight on your side for a short time(spell is like turn undead, does not replace)
  • Compel Undead spell - same as conscript, but also staggers the undead in case they were getting a bit close
  • Augment Undead spell - basically Courage for the undead
  • Undead Restoration spell - Lets you heal yourself a large amount, if you're undead. If you aren't, you'll be harmed instead
  • Dawnguard Undead Healing alteration - now damages living

Requests:

• Suffocation(S) - Completed

Concentration spell, damages 20 points of stamina per second, increases their aggression for 30 seconds at a time, and slows them down depending on your Alteration skill. Kills them by snapping their neck when stamina runs out. Prevents speaking during the spell. Prevents one power attack every 4 seconds.
    Requested by faffman

• Black Pact(M) - Completed

Perk that will give the player health and magicka when their commanded undead returns to its rest.
    Requested by Talonflight

• Collect Bodies(S) - Completed

May see updates in the future. What it says on the tin, maintains their unique name if any, also body weight is calculated for each body by sex, and the item weight of its inventory. With three flavors to choose from:
    Standard: lets you pick up and store three humanoid npc corpses for transport. Small script, should easily work in combat.

Extended: lets you pick up and store ten humanoid npc corpses for transport. Lengthier script, still should work fine in combat.

Maximum: lets you pick up and store twenty-five humanoid npc corpses for transport. Very lengthy scipt, probably fine in combat, but if you have a lot of other scripts running, be wary.
    Requested by faffman

• Sever From Aetherius(M) - Completed

Concentration spell that upon fully draining all magicka from victim, severs their connection to the source of all magicka: Aetherius. Very difficult to maintain, must have a large pool of magicka and some pre-planning to pull off. Recommended use only against casters that are all-around difficult to kill, possibly of higher level than yourself.
    Inspired by balmz

• Thrall Armor Set(M) - Completed

Armor and weapons with powerful buffs, to be put on an undead minion. Enchantments only work for undead actors, if the player becomes undead they too can use it. I'll probably make another version that disallows the player using it.
    Inspired by Bricius

• Bind Spirit(M) - Completed

Magically transforms an enemy into a ghostly spirit, enslaving it and binding it to a gem containing a pocket dimension. This will give you the spells to bind an enemy, and summon them.
    Dropping the gem removes the spells and returns the spirit to the gem, but be careful not to lose it. Picking the gem back up returns the spells to you.
    Inspired by Talonflight

• Mannimarco's Phantasmal Aura(M) - Completed

A cloak spell, 50% chance to terrify living targets within 100 units(feet?) and a 25% chance to paralyze the living. Heals undead.
    Inspired by Dimensionlord1

• Morbus Immortui(S) - WIP

Disease that will make the player undead in one week's time. State of undeath called Revenancy, the being itself called a Revenant. If Werewolves are physically offense-focused, and vampires are magically offense-focused, Revenants are a mix of physically and magically defense-focused. Almost all powers and abilities are defensive or distractionary.

Disease can be contracted from a new character that only appears during certain moon conditions but will seek out the player, or by equipping a Mysterious Talisman found in a cave(tbd). Will have many specific powers and weaknesses, and maybe a new undead form(maybe). Specifics of potential undead form still to be determined.

Because the player gets the undead keyword, if you use Frostfall you will be immune to its cold effects. In case anyone was worried about compatibility.
    ETA 9/1/2016
    Inpired by Talonflight

Revenant Abilities

1. Death Pallor(Ab): You will retain your regular appearance, except that you will take on a slight pallor.
    2. ​Necrostatic Tissue(Ab): your health will no longer regenerate, almost all diseases, and almost all poisons, can no longer affect you in any way.
    3. Necrotic Repulsion(Ab): your undead body gives off an almost imperceptible, vile, miasma that subconsciously causes some people to distrust your intentions, thus damaging your effective Speechcraft level.
    4. Magical Vessel Dissipation - Aversion to Water(Ab): Water is a dissipator of unshielded magic and caustic to soulless beings. You take Health damage and 10x that to Magicka while swimming in water, and the longer you've been a Revenant, the more damage you'll take. Starts out small and increases slowly. Waterwalking is recommended for overwater jaunts, but is not given to you by default.
    5. Rigor Mortis(Ab): your cold, undead flesh is maintained by your magical blood, which has decided that a large number of your pain receptors are unnecessary. You are more resilient and more resistant to pain, thus giving you permanent damage resistance.
    6. Breathless(Ab): thanks to the magic properties of your blood, and your lack of a need to breath to fuel your muscles, your stamina is greatly increased, your magical blood increases your stamina regen by a small amount. Though you will still gasp for air at times, from force of habit, you can no longer drown.
    7. Magical Alignment(Ab): Your blood's inherent connection to magic grants you a small bonus to all magic skills.(+5)
    8. Magical Composition(Ab): The longer you are a Revenant, the more magicka your blood will be able to contain.
    9. Ageusia: Your blood no longer sees the senses of smell and taste as necessary to your continued existence, and so it has done away with the maintenance of those receptors. If however you live a lifestyle that might require these, such as that of an Alchemist, it will adapt. At 30 alchemy, your full sense of taste will return, thus allowing you to discover ingredient effects(therefore compatible with vanilla Experimenter perks and Ordinator)
    10. Picky Eater: Cooking removes raw magical properties from food, and so mortal food and alcoholic drinks, can no longer affect you in any way.
    11. Dark Hunger: Consuming a corpse will grant you the same health regeneration as the Ring of Namira's cannibalism.
    12. Dark Void: After 10 days of being a revenant, your magical blood grants this perk. Consuming the living(only in bleedout state) will grant MUCH greater health regen, and a small magicka and health fortification for 1 hour.(stacks with Dark Hunger)
    13. Mystical Void(Ab): Your magical blood hungers for all Magicka that comes near it, and will siphon off what it can. At all times you will absorb 10% of the Magicka from spells that hit you.
    14. Cold as the Grave(Ab): Your magical blood cannot freeze, you are 50% resistant to frost damage from all sources.
    15. LESSER POWERS

--Bolster Stamina - 12 Magicka for 8 Stamina Sprinting, 60 Magicka for 40 Stamina Power Attacking
      --Bolster Stamina Greater - 8 Magicka for 8 Stamina Sprinting, 50 Magicka for 50 Stamina Power Attacking, replaces previous version
      --Bolster Stamina Superior - 4 Magicka for 8 Stamina Sprinting, 30 Magicka for 60 Stamina Power Attacking, replaces previous version
      This Alteration spell manipulates the distribution and application of your blood within your body. It lasts 2 minutes and substitutes Magicka for Stamina while sprinting, allowing you to sprint for a significant length of time. It does the same when Power Attacking, allowing the typically weak mage to keep up with the warrior, and the warrior to far outpace his peers. Upgraded every 10 days until superior.

--Magical Infusement - This risky lesser power infuses your body with vitality from the Magicka in your blood, for five minutes trading 200 magicka for 200 health. But if at the end of the effect you don't have at least the amount of health it gave you, you'll instantly die.
      --Magical Infusement Greater - Trades 150 Magicka for 300 Health, gained at 10 days as Revenant, replaces previous version
      --Magical Infusement Superior - Trades 150 Magicka for 600 Health, gained at 20 days as Revenant, replaces previous version

--Bone Armor - This lesser power magically hardens your bones and skin using a portion of your undead blood, but you will suffer a 10% speed reduction in trade due to the increase in weight and drop in blood flow.
      At 15 days of being a Revenant, your adapting blood will add a new ability that will replace the power, and automatically cast it during battle for free, and without the slow effect.

--Black Matter - Draw forth your magical, necrotic blood for a powerful combination of offense and defense.
      It is a major source and storage of your Magicka, and as such you will lose a significant chunk of your magicka reserves, and take 60 points of damage.
      In return the blood will form three separate, rudimentary, intelligences and fight to protect you; auto-firing powerful lightning spells at your enemies and drawing their attention, allowing you time to prepare other minions or consume flesh to recover with.
      Lasts 2 minutes.

--Vileblood - After 5 days of being a Revenant you gain this ability. Activating it, you take 10 damage to open a free-flowing wound, allowing you to mix your magical blood with any poison when you apply it to a weapon. It takes on all the properties of the poison, but makes it more viscous and significantly increases the amount.
      You get 10 additional hits with that poison, from the same application. Lasts 2.5 minutes, drains 2 magicka per second during the duration.
      --Superior Vileblood - Same as above, but 20 hits, and gained after 20 days as a revenant

Edited by Fantafaust

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Undead Commands - give them commands so they can actually guard your base and patrol and such. Perhaps give all Follower Commands? Most undead mods i've seen have Wait commands that simply toggle their AI off so they can't actually do anything at all.

- Stronger Undead Creation - reanimation only raises zombies with limited skill. To make fully skilled skeletons/mummies/revenants, require preparing a corpse and ritual.

- Bind Undead Dragon - summon an Undead Dragon and bind it to a location to act as a sentinel

- Carrion Flock - Summon a cloud of carrion-feeding crows to rip away at enemies in an area around you.

- Bind Spirit - rip the soul from a corpse and summon it as a ghostly spirit, bound to a soul gem in your inventory.

- Undead Commands - give them commands so they can actually guard your base and patrol and such. Perhaps give all Follower Commands? Most undead mods i've seen have Wait commands that simply toggle their AI off so they can't actually do anything at all.

- Stronger Undead Creation - reanimation only raises zombies with limited skill. To make fully skilled skeletons/mummies/revenants, require preparing a corpse and ritual.

- Bind Undead Dragon - summon an Undead Dragon and bind it to a location to act as a sentinel

- Carrion Flock - Summon a cloud of carrion-feeding crows to rip away at enemies in an area around you.

- Bind Spirit - rip the soul from a corpse and summon it as a ghostly spirit, bound to a soul gem in your inventory.

I like that first one, I'll start working on it.

The second seems too much like the existing Necromancy focused mods, like Corpse Preparation. I'm not really interested in replicating overly time consuming game mechanics, when they've probably done it better than I can.

The third seems overpowered, and I think undead dragon summoning is already handled by other mods like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45470/ and http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53496/?

I like the fourth one, I'll see what I can do

This fifth one, I'm unsure about. I can make an NPC ghostly, that's pretty simple. But what would the gem do exactly? When it's equipped he's summoned, unequipped he's banished?

Edited by Fantafaust

This fifth one, I'm unsure about. I can make an NPC ghostly, that's pretty simple. But what would the gem do exactly? When it's equipped he's summoned, unequipped he's banished?

As long as the gem is in your inventory, you gain a spell similar to the Summon Spectral Assassin spell that lets you summon the shade until it is banished.

Also

- Ritual of Molag Bal - Perform a vile ritual to Molag Bal and transform a corpse into a vampire.

- Craft Flesh Titan - use the body of a giant to create a massive hulking undead beast

- Black Pact - every time one of your undead minions die, you regain a small amount of mana and health

-New Desiese similar to vampirism/werewolf - Revenant - become an undead warrior. Your flesh appears mortal to outsiders, however your health no longer regenerates and your speechcraft is slightly lowered. You take very low amounts of damage when entering water. You gain bonus armor rating, increased combat abilities, and greatly increased stamina thanks to your undead body no longer feeling pain. Conjuration is boosted by a significant amount but your dead flesh makes it harder to taste and smell alchemy regents. Food and drink no longer affect you. Cannibalizing corpses with mods or Namira's Ring allows your health to regenerate for a couple of hours.

-New Lesser Powers for the Revenant

- Bone Armor - your undead flesh allows you to magically harden your bones, slowing your movement speed but raising your armor rating and magic resistance.

- Black Matter - create three spheres of black magic that follow the caster and automatically fire lightning bolts at nearby enemies.

- Vileblood - empower your basic attacks to infect your enemies, slowly draining their health and adding it to yours.

As long as the gem is in your inventory, you gain a spell similar to the Summon Spectral Assassin spell that lets you summon the shade until it is banished.

Also

- Ritual of Molag Bal - Perform a vile ritual to Molag Bal and transform a corpse into a vampire.

- Craft Flesh Titan - use the body of a giant to create a massive hulking undead beast

- Black Pact - every time one of your undead minions die, you regain a small amount of mana and health

-New Desiese similar to vampirism/werewolf - Revenant - become an undead warrior. Your flesh appears mortal to outsiders, however your health no longer regenerates and your speechcraft is slightly lowered. You take very low amounts of damage when entering water. You gain bonus armor rating, increased combat abilities, and greatly increased stamina thanks to your undead body no longer feeling pain. Conjuration is boosted by a significant amount but your dead flesh makes it harder to taste and smell alchemy regents. Food and drink no longer affect you. Cannibalizing corpses with mods or Namira's Ring allows your health to regenerate for a couple of hours.

-New Lesser Powers for the Revenant

- Bone Armor - your undead flesh allows you to magically harden your bones, slowing your movement speed but raising your armor rating and magic resistance.

- Black Matter - create three spheres of black magic that follow the caster and automatically fire lightning bolts at nearby enemies.

- Vileblood - empower your basic attacks to infect your enemies, slowly draining their health and adding it to yours.

Ah, I see about the gem now. I'll try and make something like that, but it might not work out too well.

I'm not really feeling the ritual thing.

Crafting a flesh titan sounds cool, but I'm 100% sure it would require me to make a whole new model, if not several. I'm just not that good in Blender. I can make statics into armor, and mash some things up but beyond that...

I like the idea of the pact, but what are the drawbacks to it? Or should it be a costly spell, that's active for some duration ie 5 minutes?

I like the idea of this disease, Revenant. I'll see if I can go about it. Should it also have a new form, like Vampire lord/Werewolf? I imagine some slightly larger, mottled flesh undead that can perform mass undead spells and is physically tough.

There is one thing I've always wanted as a necromancer, the ability to collect corpses and pop them out wherever you want to and reanimate them there. I've requested this in the past, so I found my thread about it.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3904145-collecting-and-storing-corpses/

If you look at the link to the already existing mod for the idea, you could probably use the same idea to go about it. I basically only need that mod, but stable and reliable.

(By the way, I'll get around to testing the Suffocate spell, I've just had a lot of work this week.)

here's a few ideas from different games

1. charnel fire: single target spell, when cast on target undead it has chance to kill the undead instantly and turn it to ash, chance is based off half of your destruction level so at 100 destruction you have 50% chance of killing the undead, no effect on living

2. dead hands: causes hands of the dead to come from the bone and trap or slow the target

3. corpse explosion, two versions single target and aoe when cast it causes the corpse(s) to explode dealing fire and physical damage to nearby enemies, turns the corpses to ashes, if undead are in the targeted spot they take physical damage and explode if they die

4. poison explosion, two versions single target and aoe when cast it makes the corpse(s) explode and release toxic gas which poisons all nearby enemies if undead are in the targeted spot they take physical damage and explode if they die

5. corpse devour, targets a single corpse, turns it to ashes and restores some hp

6. atrophy curse: when cast stamina drains over time and the target is unable to regen stamina

7. dementia curse: when cast mana drains over time and target is unable to regen mana

8. mortality curse: when cast target loses hp over time and is unable to regen hp

9. death drain: a shield like spell but when cast it turns corpses to ashes and restores some hp from corpses near the caster

10. death siphon : shield like spell but when cast it turns corpses to ashes and restores some mana from corpses near the caster

There is one thing I've always wanted as a necromancer, the ability to collect corpses and pop them out wherever you want to and reanimate them there. I've requested this in the past, so I found my thread about it.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3904145-collecting-and-storing-corpses/

If you look at the link to the already existing mod for the idea, you could probably use the same idea to go about it. I basically only need that mod, but stable and reliable.

(By the way, I'll get around to testing the Suffocate spell, I've just had a lot of work this week.)

This is one of the things I want to do, still working it out, but several mods have a similar effect so I should be able to figure out what they did.

And about Suffocation, you're good man, just let me know how it goes.

Undead and necromancy? Does the "Undead" bit include vampires?

It could. If it's a spell, lol.

But keep in mind, there are a lot of vampire-related mods out there, and they might already have what you want.

Update: I have determined that it is functionally impossible to give reanimated undead actors dialogue. It's hard-coded in the engine that they have such activation disabled, and I'm unable to simulate reanimation to the extent that I would like. I get as far as resurrecting them with all the same equipment, and then they lose my magic effect and I can do no more. So really, it's just bringing the actors fully back to life...
There's already a mod for that, so I'm going to stop pursuing this functionality.