G.E.C.K Script problem!

bigman28

I can see it when selecting a script for a quest but not for an activator.

Please note that each script has a type given by the type dropdown in the script editor window. If you create a script and give it the "quest" type, then it will not be available as an activator. If you meant to use this script for an activator, then edit the script and change the type dropdown to "object".

Is it possible to write a script that launches a weapon that is in the world space. I have a weapon with the Reference Editor ID: 0AlvaradoWeapon01REF and I want to have a detonator shoot it off. Is this possible with scripting?

you mean like this?

I went to weapNVdetonator and tried to change the Script to the script I created but it wasn't there.

Edited by bigman28

For those just joining here's a review of what the hell is going on.

I have created a quest and named the ID for it SMtestquest, under quest name I put "Explore the Area", Priority of 55, Start game enabled box is checked, script processing delay box checked, under quest stages tab I have 10 and 100 followed the rest of the instructions from the G.E.C.K main page online ,and under script I have SMtestqueststage10triggerSCRIPT. THAT IS THE SCRIPT I NEED! however under nowhere else will that script be there. after saving that quest and trying to use the SCRIPT that I Created on a Trigger ref. but like I said that Script Isn't there and I can't Create another.

The script consists of

scn SMtestqueststage10triggerSCRIPT

begin onTriggerEnter player

if getstage SMtestquest < 10

setstage SMtestquest 10

endif

end

@bigman, Please stop bumping. davidlallen already identified the problem and supplied the solution.

perhaps you should read the thread before telling someone to stop, the problem still lives.. believe me if I found the solution this thread would be dead

Edited by bigman28

What I meant is I have a Fatman floating in the worldspace and was wondering if there was a script to make it fire if it is just a world object.

I'm new to the G.E.C.K's quest and Script area, I just did the Objects for Mods. so I am really not sure how to do that?

I put a Fatman in the world space, clicked edit base on it to give it a script, but when I did that My SCRIPT that I created was not there.

however, it does to an extent seem to be letting me save my SCRIPT.