⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition vs FOOK 2

bcooper56

Just about to play fallout 3 once more its been 2 years im going to play game heavily modded. I been looking into mods and came to these 2. They both look good but i checked comparability and they both can not be used at the same time.

So im wondering which would impoverish game most and add new features or just add more features to keep things fresh for me.

• 5 months later...

If you really want all of the weapons and armor added by FOOK, but also want the amazing gameplay additions made by FWE, you can try hunting down the mods included in FWE. I know that the drug mod used in FWE is available standalone on the nexus, at the least, but you would still miss out on quite a lot of the additions made by FWE.

FWE makes the game harder, plays well with other mods (with a patch. I've heard that FOOK has some crash issues and my girlfriend, a FOOK user, agrees with that statement.) I run it with several house mods, Dynamic Weather+Enhanced Weather with all the modules, EVE, MMM, DarnedUI, RR companions mods, and some other bits and bobs. Perk Packs become AMAZINGLY useful when using FWE, as the game gets very difficult on FWE default settings. FWE alternative settings make it a bit easier, but you should always customize the set-up to provide the challenges that you want to see.

The wasteland really feels like a wasteland with FWE, but in my short time playing FOOK, myself, it felt mostly like you just got an armory dumped on it with a few other changes.

It is all up to you. FOIP and other patch conglomerations should help you patch FWE with a few other big mods, out there. I can pass my modlist to you, should you want, in the topic to give a better idea of what challenges and bonuses each mod gives in light of FWE.

I originally tried to use FOOK and gave up on it after about a week. Too many ctd's and than having to redo everything up to the crash. I switched to FWE and I have enjoyed it for about 8 mos. now. I added CLean Deluxe, Fellout and Fallout Remastered to enhance the look of the game.

O.o

Thanks for adding two of my mods, but Remastered doesn't improve the look of anything. It does support (what I think are) the best and most popular Weather mods out there tho.

As far as my own personal opinion, I find FWE to be more cohesive, lore friendly, and better supported in the community at large. It is also objectively more stable and compatible since it changes less things. Any time a mod gets to the size of FOOK you will have some issues that arise due to it's complexity.

If you're only using ONE mod and nothing else at all, FOOK might be for you. It is really good, well done, and provides a cohesive and fun gameplay experience. It just doesn't do well when you start adding other things into it, since it changes so much.

(Again, personal opinion:) Really I'd like it if people started seeing FOOK not as an overhaul but as a Total Conversion. It really does change that much about the game! It's a whole new thing and not really at all comparable to FWE or other overhauls.

• 3 weeks later...
as good as FOOK is the latest version is um ...well , shall we say not finished . if you want stability FWE if you want a fresh perspective on FO3 FOOK2 open beta but be warned it is a little unsettled oh and there's not yet a compatible RH_IS package for the latest fook but FWE has one personally id really like to see FOOK2 dragged out of beta phase cos im kinda bored with FWE now but its a sturdy old war horse that one

• 2 weeks later...