⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Rumble with Xbox 360 controller on PC version

Aldur80

I haven't seen any information on it pertaining to Skyrim itself either, but, the game has to confirm it. It won't just work naturally, kind of like if I played some games on the PS2, certain events would cause the controller to rumble, but others would not...and some games altogether never did it. So, I suppose you may know this but I felt it was good to mention. As far as Bethesda's plans on adding such functionality, I don't see it happening...they seem to "not think of everything" or brush off some things, especially for PC I feel...so we'll just have to see. :/

Btw...you could have just asked this in the thread 'XBOX 360 controller-capable confirmed' since if we made a new thread for every minute question we had, it would be overwhelming. But it's okay. :]

EDIT: Oh, dang - first post - I just saw that, welcome to the Nexus Forums! :)

Edited by natelovesyou

I don't use a 360 controller I have a Logitech one. It has a rumble feature and PC games like Fable 3, DMC4, etc have rumble. I would imagine probably yes, rumble is included but not with a 360 controller.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/controllers/devices/7360

This is what I have

I believe it would depend on the software that is used to translate the PC-controls to Game pad-controls.

I know some software related to PS3 (Like Motioninjoy) gives you the option of rumble, where as the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, does not.

I believe it would depend on the software that is used to translate the PC-controls to Game pad-controls.

I know some software related to PS3 (Like Motioninjoy) gives you the option of rumble, where as the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, does not.

Microsoft has two APIs for controllers on Windows: DirectInput, which has been used in DirectX since 1995, and XInput, which was added to DirectX9 in 2005 to support 360 controllers. Games that use the DirectInput API will not support vibration on 360 controllers (but will on other controllers) while XInput does support vibration. MotioninJoy has nothing to do with it (except that it can use both DirectInput and XInput).