Request for a proofread of a Settlement Mod Guide, please.

I remember helping out both those guys back when this all started...fun days...easier days.

Anywho... Stuyk put his back up.
Here you go: =)
http://stuyk.com/fallout-4-creating-a-new-settlement-location/
(I think he refined it a bit, too, as there was an error in the original that I didn't spot on a quick browse of this new one)

PM me if you find anymore errors. I'll correct them. The layout should be much nicer and easier to follow.

some tips adjustments send

don't take them to serious, i'm just a n00b who pretend he know something

Edited by speedynl

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are doing the lords work, I really appreciate the info that you guys share amongst each other, I've been diving into the Creation kit, it almost seems like making functional settlements for my first mods would be a bad idea, if it is, what would be a better way to get started?

nah its not a bad idea, just start small(1 cell big), somewhere close to the game border, to make sure it don't conflict with anything, give it a go see how you do it

if it don't work no problem run the guide and check if you did something wrong, and or ask here

its the way all of us started, learning by blood/sweat and tears

mm forgot, if you find the marker set up to hard, there is a easy solution for that, look under misc in ck look for packin, scroll down all the way, you find a thing called, workshopexterior starters pack, it contain all the basic stuf for setting up wb/container/markers/build box, just drop it and adjust

Edited by speedynl

• 1 month later...

Hey all, great tutorials - written and videos. I have followed both, to the letter, twice over, quadruple checking everything and yet, every time, happiness 0. Ive gone around the edges of my triggers to be sure they remain within the single cell. Quests are both running and configured as outlined. The only thing I have not done is add the attack marker, as I do not wish this settlement to have attacks.

I do have a question though - in the written tutorial, there is no mention of adding encounter zone to anything but in the video, there is... ive tried both ways mind you, to no avail in solving my zero percent happiness issue. Neither settlers will show nor be sent there - companions neither. Supply lines? Forget it...

Is it possible that this is could be related to trying to activate the settlement from an ongoing save? I use a clean slot for testing the settlement, which BTW, I can scrap and build... just not populate...

Update: went back a save or two to try again after going over all settings, redoing the quest script ADD / config ... now I have 20 happiness but can still not send settlers / supply lines. And plants I put down for food become static and cannot be highlighted / stored in WB. Strange things... lol

you can use any cell in the hole world for any settlement, if done right tat is

0% happy, you din't add the keywords to location, and or forgot to vink both options in encounter zone(never reset/settlement), or you forgot to rename your cell to match the location name, its easy to make any mistake, its way harder to find out wat you did wrong

or your quest is not set up right, i never made a new quest for settlements i alway used the 1 from auto(robot) dlc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...