Still can't get CBBE working

darrelhughes

• 4 weeks later...

I have done testing with INI changes and loose files and it looks like both of these options work. You need to do one or the other but not both. I don't know which works better or why.

Option one:

Edit your Fallout4.ini in Documents\my games\Fallout4

[Archive]

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Option two:

Create a Fallout4Custom.ini in Documents\my games\Fallout4

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

I did both as part of an extended session of throwing everything against the wall to try to get CBBE working with this game, and what do you know; it's working now. The main difference I noted was that I had to edit .ini files under my library\documents\my documents\my games\Fallout 4 folder rather than C:\games\Steam\steamapps\etc. etc. etc. \Fallout 4 folder, as some of the mod pages' guides seemed to indicate. Perhaps Bethesda moved the files last update to mess with us (or seem busy)? <.<;

But nevermind that... thanks for the helpful suggestion! :smile:

Did you name both files the same? Or did you name them similarly?

Still struggling with getting this to work..i have double checked my files making sure they are spelled correctly...the folders are named exactly like the video and the mod page says...i have watched the tutorial like 100 times and I am not missing any steps..i have no other body modifier or body of any sort. I tried installing through NMM and i tried a manual install...I am not sure what else could be wrong here. I had to make a fallout4custom folder because it was not there and it is named Fallout4Custom.ini ....not .ini.txt. I added the

[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1 at the bottom of my Fallout4Prefs.ini file like i read in other troubleshooting and still not working.

You created a Fallout4custom folder? Is that a typo and you meant 'file'?

In your Docs/My Games/Fallout4 folder, you should have three .ini files: Fallout4.ini, Fallout4Custom.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini. The contents of your Fallout4Custom.ini should include:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

The line you said you added to your Fallout4Prefs.ini does not exist in my one, and in any case would have nothing to do with getting CBBE working, as it does not even rely on any plugins.

Make sure you've read the CBBE FAQ properly. A couple of things were added in the past few weeks.

I finally got it to work..the issue was my fallout game was saving the .inis to the C drive when my game is on the d drive so it wasnt using the ones I had created on the d drive..so i had to mklink the save over to the d drive and did it that way..it worked! Thank you for trying to help me troubleshoot it Jeir.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this one so well. It looks like you successfully installed CBBE. CBBE is working, congratulation!

Before I go into what went wrong, I need to give you a quick knowledge on what CBBE is. Because most people don't give a crap about how mods work and all they do is just wish and pray. A 3D model works when we have the under wireframe that forms the shape, and the 2D texture file that wraps around this 3D shape to create a believable object, in this case, the female body. Think of the world map! The thing is each and every 3D model wraps the 2D texture differently. You have to have the right 2D texture made specially for CBBE body for it to look right.

So at first glance, I know that you saw some good looking skin texture and downloaded. But this skin texture is likely for Vanilla and not compatible with CBBE. Where is the mod? Maybe there is a CBBE compatible option you didn't see? So the problem is 1005 on your end that you didn't install the right skin. There are tons of CBBE compatible skins. In fact, most creators actually create skins for CBBE more often than Vanilla. And or they would make sure they convert the skin to CBBE.

you realy sound like you know what you are talking about, my problem is that in NMM it wont even let me inatall CBBE. after trying to install it an "a problem occoured while installling" message came up.

can you plese help ?

Edited by britbong22

• 3 months later...