Nexus Mod support request for console

Syntensity

Right now my game's crashes when I browse to my pipboy or switch to some weapons using the hotkeys. It always crashes when I switch to my never ending double barrel shotgun, it even crashes when I hover over it. I can keep duplicating the issue over and over again it's so weird. How can I tell if my savegame is corrupted or whatever due to mods? Or is it a common problem... ;s (sorry for putting in this thread, if it persists I will find the right place to put it)

It sounds like the shotgun mod has a bad .nif file (Mesh/model) which can and will crash the game.

The funny thing is it's the vanilla shotgun, could it be the modular Kalash that adds various new bullet types to the gun (including explosive) and in turn crashes the game? I'm going to see if it's actually the mods causing this, a long process of finding out what the cause is I supose :3 (again sorry for this off-topic posts, I'm going to make a new thread about it)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again sorry for this off-topic posts, I'm going to make a new thread about it

Don't say sorry and the proceed to click on the post button.

If you were truly sorry, you wouldn't post it. If you truly think you are justified to post it here, then be confident about it and don't apologize.

This is an internet forum, things always get slightly off topic from time to time. Just stop saying sorry...

But now you are going to say sorry for that, aren't you... *double face palm*

again sorry for this off-topic posts, I'm going to make a new thread about it

Don't say sorry and the proceed to click on the post button.

If you were truly sorry, you wouldn't post it. If you truly think you are justified to post it here, then be confident about it and don't apologize.

This is an internet forum, things always get slightly off topic from time to time. Just stop saying sorry...

But now you are going to say sorry for that, aren't you... *double face palm*

Kinda kills the purpose huh xD, got a point there but still felt like I had to say it though.

Guest deleted10460550

would'nt the easiest thing to do is just make the mods require fo4se?

Edited by looper8330

As someone who has been part of Nexus for several years (FO3 and Skyrim) and now a FO4 console modder (I can't run FO4 on my current PC), I'm really excited about the cooperation between Nexus and Bethesda. I really believe great things can come of this, as long as everyone continues to act in a respectful and adult manner.

would'nt the easiest thing to do is just make the mods require fo4se?

That would be my solution. Or even have a popup that says that the mod is stolen, and the only way the popup will go away is if it runs a check for NVSE and finds it. However just making NVSE required in the ESP should be simple enough.

Just so you guys, know I fixed the issue by disabling all my mods. I have no clue what caused it to happen, possibly one of the mods must of had side effects that wouldn't go away until I disabled it. I really don't know which mod it was unfortunetly.

@checkett glad to hear that man ! :D