Mechanist Lair problem

BillHoff

Not sure it would work, but if you're on a PC, hit the tild key, top left, under the escape key, highlight the control panel and type unlock. It works on all the other doors, safes and locked containers, if you have maxed out lock picking. It should work on these too.

On my last play through, the unlimited companion mod (or one very similar) broke my game when I tried to use Ada. It is HIGHLY suggested - by the author themselves - that you ONLY use Ada and leave her as vanilla as possible until you are done with that quest.

The glitches are going to get worse... trust me. Borked my game and I even had the damn 'robot menace' encounter music playing CONSTANTLY wherever I went (I mean EVERYWHERE - Commonwealth, Far Harbor, Nuka-World... hell, I bet it would have followed me to New Vegas if I could get there!)

On this playthrough, I 'may' reinstall that mod, but only after I am done with the main storyline quests, and, of course, the Mechanist quests.

• 1 year later...

If you use a multiple companion mod you may run into the problem that a robot with an installed M-SAT (like Ada) won't open the Access Port doors in the Mechanist's Lair. This is because the door opening script calls the wrong companion to do the blue beam animation. Curie and Piper have been reported to open the doors even when the module was installed on Ada. If the other companion aren't near the access port it looks like nothing happens. This is especially confusing after the moving platform since you intuitively bring only your M-SAT robot with you while the rest are temporarily left behind. Bring all your active companions there before ordering the robot to use the Access Port.

This worked for me, as I had multiple companions, Piper had access even though Ada had the M-SAT

Thank you! Your advice worked for me. I just asked Cait to follow me, dismiss Ada and changed back to ADA. \o/

Edited by R4bisco

it can be any mod in connection with changing the behaviour of / or interference with standard dialog functions. i would check mods first influencing these functions including the already mentioned companion mods

• 8 months later...

Hello. i have this problem sometimes -using mods- while, at the last room, before enter and deal with Mechanist, any of companions don't or can't to get close to that room. What i done. i open the ~ console, type tcl and slowly step in walls and stop just a bit, before the final room. Type tcl again and the last series of locked walls, push me to the final room. After that i see the lights to turn on and after a minute while get close, the Mechanist speaks to me. if you can try it but i don't know if is it works to you. if this isn't the problem and you have many companions with you, try, close to Ada, to have the companion, from the one the blue beam appear. Yes it could happen and Ada don't open the door but only a extra companion. i don't know why. That's all. Thanks.

--- TCL don't work every time. Save, exit the game, run it again, load the save and try it again-----

• 4 weeks later...

yeah i'm currently having the bug with curie opening the doors inside the mechanists lair, it's actually pretty funny that ada goes up to the access port and stares at it, then curies runs up and shoots this blue grid over it and then the door opens and both turn and stare at you like nothing happened.