Dragon City Mod

Triforce1

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangit! Are you sure?!! Can we fix that?!! Oh, sorry...Well, I didn't mean hundreds of NPCs; I mean't more along the lines of 25 NPCs to a side, or so. 'Cause I really had hoped...Oh well, shows ya how much I know...Either way, Oblivion lacks what one would call "cinematic". That's why I love the New Game sequence soooo much. I just thought this mod needed that. But if it won't work...(are you getting that dejected feelng yet?)...Then how about this...maybe YOU have an idea? :ermm:

Sounds good...I was thinking of making a larger castle/courtyard anyway. Seems to me that the castles in the cities of the game are too small. Not the actual buildings, but the area around them. In this new city, I was planning on making the castle area the main point of the city. But I still would like to be able to see the dragons flying overhead from the battlefield. Thanks for the help. Are you sure you don't want to get started on this group mod? You could always be the voice of reason...you clearly know more about this than I do... :smile:

You can't really have more than 10 NPCs per cell, at an absolute maximum, so large scale battles just wouldn't work, at all. Similarly, combat from on top of a dragon couldn't be done either, unless there were some way to make use of the mounted combat mod... even then, you'd only be able to cast spells, and not use any weapons... which basically makes what would be this mods killer ap basically impossible.

And logintodownload, working in a team's a lot easier than freelancing, trust me :)

I would imagine combat on dragonback, Akatosh Mount style, could be "faked" by playing its "Fly forward" animation around the battlefield and casting a fire spell from it every so many seconds via activator. On the ground the dragons would need to be unmounted, though.

I could have sworn the MQ battles (Bruma and the Imperial City) had more than 10 NPCs. (Not just actors)

As far as the battle of Bruma goes, if you do all the side-quests, there's...

Martin

Jauffre

Baurus

Were there other Blades? If there were, I'm not counting them.

2 from Cheydinhal

2 from Anvil

2 from Skingrad

1 from Bravil

1 from Leyawiin

1 from Kvatch

2 from Chorrol

1 from Bruma (Probably more, being generous)

2, let's say, living Dremora on the field at once.

That's at least 17 NPCs. I'm also pretty sure the "procession", including clapping civilians, also comes out to more than 10. At least, the CS has 10 markers for civilians to stand, and I think they're all occupied.

Hey, hypothetically, what would happen if you had "creatures" using a human skeleton, human meshes, (creating if required) human sounds, and human animations? Could those work as soldiers?

*When I list 2 under the guards, I'm referring to the CS dialogue with that area's leadership. If they use plural terms like sending "men" and "soldiers", I list 2.

Well, I didn't do all the towns... but I'm not quite sure how they could have done that, as I've used mods with less NPCs than that, and I still got massive slowdown, yet I didn't really get any at the battle of Bruma... how did they manage that? Strange...

As for the NPC creatures... it could, possibly work, but I really don't know. I don't think it's ever been tried before...

Archived