⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Dragon City Mod

Triforce1

This is my first time on the forums, so forgive my lack of know-how. I've got this great idea for a mod involvig a new city, dragon-mounted warriors, and maybe some Daedric pirates. I'll outline it completely for the first person to respond...

Some sound advice.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=26095

A city, let alone a city with custom elements is a significant undertaking for anyone. As great as your idea may seem to you, you should probably sit down and look at the time and mechanics involved with your mod, and considder if it is something you can do and something other people would be interested in before doing anything else.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I knew this would happen. Trust me, I have messed around with the CS enough to understand that the smallest thing takes a lot of work. However, I have some friends who have been doing this for a while and are willing to help me. I'm going to continue to push for this, even if no one else is interested. :glare:

that would be a #1 mod no doubt. the fact that it would be multiple dragons would slow the game down let alone multiple mounted dragons. i don't know to much about animations, textures or design but i am fairly good at tweaking stats in the construction set. i know that's one of the easiest things and it is probably covered but i will help you if you need someone who knows how to take a hobo and turn it into a god.

p.s. wouldn't it be awesome to have dragon tournaments, jousting going 150mph+ in colision directions.

also another idea, maybe we (if i get involved) should try doing something around the concept of eragon, that way dragons will be rare, but at the same time their will be less processing for everyones computer to be slowed down by. do you have myspace instant message, if so you should tell me yours and we can discuss a story line or something. i would definantly like to get involved and have my name on the credits.

Sorry to say, I dont have a myspace or anything like that. However, im liking the idea of a "dragon arena". This whole project will most definately take a freakin' HUGE long time, but the end product would be well worth it. Now here's the deal on the story line: it ain't perfect. However, I think that that can wait until after the city and stuff (NPCs, places, and oh yeah DRAGONS) are finished. Here's what my talents are with the CS so far; creating storylines and building buildings and their insides. I have a friend who says he's willing to retexure things that will be needed. What we really need for this is someone who can write perfect scripts, create dialogue, and make quests. Know anyone?

Some things to ponder for ya: I will not be starting this mod until immediately following Christmas. I'll still show up here to talk about it, but I am going to wait to start until I have fully built my new computer (beside the point). However, since I have no other means of sending them to you, here's my ideas:

The Dragon Arena (That's really ShylaEighteen's)

The City on an island in a crater WAY east of Bravil (accessable only by flying)

A group of mounted (on dragons) warriors who protect the city (like the Imperial Legion)

A quest involving the player becomming the "Dragon Master" and saving the city (see the end)

A save-the-city quest involving fighting Daedric pirates that sail out of an Oblivion gate onto the crater lake

New sets of armor that belong strictly to the Dragon Warriors and the Dragon Master

Several new and strange NPCs (to name one, Mi'raaj the Khajiit Thief expert who thinks little of the Gray Fox)

Since probably 3/4 the stuff I just listed is nearly impossible, I am totally open to any new ideas, and anyone who wants to help need only ask. Im still blown over by the whole Dragon Arena concept. Remember, this goes into full swing after Christmas, so I am desperately reaching out for Help!!

*Note*: Anyone interested in helping with this mod should download Saiden Storm's Akatosh mount and my mod (go to www.tesnexus.com and search for "Dragons Roost"), fly to the Roost on top of the Palace Tower, and read the letter from the "Dragon Master" on the desk inside. The city and quest referenced are one and the same to the one I'm talking about here; that would be the start of the story for the completed mod! Please check it out, even if you aren't interested in this mod, comment and rate it!! :)

yeah i would love to help. i am in school right now and have a job but more or less have a lot of free time on my hands that i mostly use for my girlfriend (yes i'm bi) or learning from oblivion tutorials. but yes i have the akatosh mount by saiden storm, i made my dragon "shadow drake" a custom name and also changed his shadow breath to a fire breath, also i made it so that my dragon uses it's spells "flame attacks" more then it's melee. i'm curently working on creature meshes 101 but i'm having a hard time learning how to get files from oblivion and editing them in anything other then construction set. also to reduce the lag maybe we should have kinda a swat theme. like their is normal bunches of guards on foot and they can call in the dragon captains for reinforcements. also do you or your friends know how to take something like the akatosh mount and make it attack while you ride it? i have had a hell of a time tryig to learn that.

I agree completely with Vagrant0; I understand that, as I said before, it will take a "freakin' HUGE" long time to create, as well as a ton of work, so fuggettaboutit. Oh, and don't feel bad, LoginToDownload. If you ever want to get in on the action, just say so.

Back to ShylaEighteen, I feel your pain on that fighting - while - flying thing, but I'm sure we'll work it out. For this thing, it would be a must - have. Also, that "general" thing sounds like the way to go. I can picture an elite few (including the player, of course) circling the battlefield launching long - range fire attacks into the fray. Also, about that. One of the things that really ticks me off about Oblivion is the battle sequences. For this mod, I think the city needs more soldiers, and nearly all of them need to rush into battle at the same time. A few guards up on the battlements, but an army running onto the battlefield is a scene that has absolutely MADE a bunch of movies. I think that would be a great thing to have in here.

Archived