TheHyruler

Anyone here understand how you place a corpse? I'm trying to make it look like he shoot himself and he slided down the wall to a sitting position.

Are there any tutorials on it? If you know of any please link me because I can't find it.

Thanks!

I can't find any tutorials on it, but I do know it's possible. You can rotate dead actors by various axis' and place them how you want. I'm assuming you just add the dead actor and place it into the world space like normal. Afterwards, I can only assume that there are axis points that you can manipulate. Sorry if this doesn't help at all. The tutorials on this subject are still very minimal.

P.S. I am assuming you're talking about the Creation Kit by the way. Hopefully you are.

I can't find any tutorials on it, but I do know it's possible. You can rotate dead actors by various axis' and place them how you want. I'm assuming you just add the dead actor and place it into the world space like normal. Afterwards, I can only assume that there are axis points that you can manipulate. Sorry if this doesn't help at all. The tutorials on this subject are still very minimal.

P.S. I am assuming you're talking about the Creation Kit by the way. Hopefully you are.

Thanks for trying at least ^^

And yes I was referring to the CK.

If you want to position the arms and legs and such you have to select your dead actor and then use the "Havok Simulator" button on the button bar. This will activate havok physics on the object inside the design window. make your changes, then click the button again to turn it off. This will write the new ragdoll data to the dead actor.

Robert

If you want to position the arms and legs and such you have to select your dead actor and then use the "Havok Simulator" button on the button bar. This will activate havok physics on the object inside the design window. make your changes, then click the button again to turn it off. This will write the new ragdoll data to the dead actor.

Robert

Make my changes how? I know of the Havok simulator and I've tried but he just flops around on the ground.

well yes he will ;P its a buggy interface at best but it is how its done. I spent probably 2 hours the first time i wanted to set up a dead actor in a specific position before i had him like i wanted him.

Some tricks. Where you grab makes a LOT of difference in how it reacts. Try to position it near/above where you want it to end up and activate havok and see if it settles at or near what you want. For example the last one i positioned, i wanted him sitting against a wall. I stood him against the wall at a slight angle and hit havok and he settled into position. I was slow to turn off havok so it took me about 6 tries to catch it just right but i managed to do it without having to try to move arms and legs manually. I have since found a trick to aid that position somewhat. I find a table and place the NPC face down on the edge with the legs hanging off. Hit the Havok sim, and quickly hit it again. This leaves the legs forward as in a sitting position and i can place the NPC very close to what i want. Then the smaller adjustments are easier to do.

All that to say it will just take some grumbling and poking to get it like you want.

Robert

well yes he will ;P its a buggy interface at best but it is how its done. I spent probably 2 hours the first time i wanted to set up a dead actor in a specific position before i had him like i wanted him.

Some tricks. Where you grab makes a LOT of difference in how it reacts. Try to position it near/above where you want it to end up and activate havok and see if it settles at or near what you want. For example the last one i positioned, i wanted him sitting against a wall. I stood him against the wall at a slight angle and hit havok and he settled into position. I was slow to turn off havok so it took me about 6 tries to catch it just right but i managed to do it without having to try to move arms and legs manually. I have since found a trick to aid that position somewhat. I find a table and place the NPC face down on the edge with the legs hanging off. Hit the Havok sim, and quickly hit it again. This leaves the legs forward as in a sitting position and i can place the NPC very close to what i want. Then the smaller adjustments are easier to do.

All that to say it will just take some grumbling and poking to get it like you want.

Robert

That's really dumb of them to not have made some kind of feature about this... but then again asking for neat features in a broken engine is like asking for cookies from a broken oven.

In any case, thanks!