AoG - Overhaul support

zdswulyx

I played a bit using the "AoG - Overhaul plus Detect Item" and I kinda like it. However I have few problems that hopefully can be fixed or explained with ease.

I am missing the point of the AoG torches, how they are different than regular torches? Besides AIs seems to like to light and turn them off continuously making a strange blinking effect in the world; is this expected? It's a bug in my setup?

Greed course. It's actually a cool idea, would be possible to have it as standard spell for it? Akin to detect life.

Everyone, including the player now have an amulet.. What is the point? What I am missing?

Greed Watcher is a cool idea. But I have the feeling guards gets confused when I am fighting some bad guys.

wow ! This is new

I am happy :) thank you zd

1. about torch, AoG is the real deal I promise you. Here's the screenshoot when I provide report to Elbethien

this surely will make you understand why and what >>> http://i.imgur.com/qe1KORf.jpg

of all torch mod, only AoG that not cost fps. This is the final result (already implemented until now) >>> http://i.imgur.com/wrqLvQB.jpg

and for blinking effect, this is caused by Oblivion built-in engine that evaluat NPC light surounding every 5 second. I believe after 1 or 2 blinking they will stop doing that and be normal

2. Greed course ? :) what's that ?

care to tell me more, please give some example for that

3. Amulet for everyone, this is to fix Neck Seam problem. It's Oblivion pitfall that only the expert or some serious modder can fix seam problem

the Greed Amulet only fix seam in neck part only

here's the screenshoot that help you understand, this screenshoot is when I ask permit from author of Basic Wear mod >>> http://i.imgur.com/HkRbogx.jpg

4. Greed Watcher

please tell me the story of this, maybe I can make a patch for it

This is a good feedback, I thank you for this

1. I see, thanks.

2. Greed course... sorry for the mistake. I meant your "detect item effect" at the moment the mod gives me an amulet I can wear to have this "see items and container" magic power (as curse or while wearing). It quite nice, but I think I'd like more a spell or a minor power akin to "Detect life."

Btw, I knew about the magical mace hidden in the mausoleum, but I was surprised there are difficult to reach containers inside the towers nearby Fort Nikel! Incredible!

I did not try yet, do I get the "auto harvest power" only when I am wearing the amulet?

3. Amulet for everyone, guessed so. So it's a aesthetic change.

4. I use open cities reborn and crowded cities, and nearby benirus manor appeared a smuggler. When I unsheathed my sword the guard appeared very confused; like he could not decide to check me out or attack the smuggler. It happened only in this case, though.

I really love this "All actors now have regenerate ability" feature. I was considering to make a mod for that reason myself. NPC are unable repair their gear, repair their attributes, and often even to heal; a fix was really needed. My idea was giving a slow regeneration to all those things outside combat.

oho another easter egg, so in Fort Nikel there's something hidden too

interesting...

about auto-harvest

you'll get that ability when you activate the AoG, either by equipping AoG amulet (with no Greed Curse) or by Greed Curse activated --> with the greed curse activated you just only need to equip the amulet once to activate the AoG, without the need of equipping the amulet entire times

make sure you turn ON what kind item would you like to harvest such as ingredient, plant, nirn root, or all of them

when you're in the area with full of that objects, you'll automatically get all of that. without any annoying vanilla harvest sound, without any message like when you fail harvesting it

its all just go to your inventory just like that

ahh ... you mean the alternative, so detect item is like we normally cast detect life

I've already done that in the past. the early release of AoG is use spell to detect item.

but it's not that convenient to cast it everytime, instead I just make it permanent. and use Greed Setting to turn it ON / Off whenever I want it

the code for detect item is complicated and streamlined by me so many times ... it is hard to convert it to spell at this moment...

so I don't think I can make the spell version for detect item,

lol

I get it :smile:

BUT I think that is still reasonable. imagine the guard don't know you and also he don't know the smuggler

both of you unsheathed the weapon. and you near benirus manor ... as the cop, the guard should aware to both of you. This what I mean reasonable

since weapon out and sneaking is always threatening in many ways

I think, when the battle start the guards will be the righteous not the confused one so that's not gonna be a problem

after the battle the weapon should be sheathed, this is the normal thing from guards perspective isn't it

about repairing armor and stuff what do you suggest ?

I think that is feasible, since NPCs is ultra dumb

I just don't understand ... when NPC is naked they have plain expression, what a fool and heavenly nuts !

About NPC dumb I think that since Morrowind Bethesda shown that is business model is doing 80% of the work and leave the rest to modders, are you playing on the console? Well, sucks to be you.

Besides, AI and game engines was never a strong point. Arguably the latter become better with Skyrim, though.

About repairing items, the Migck's Miscellaneous fixes tweaks and additions mod allows to find items with 125 of durability when the wearer in an expert armorer. So it must be possible to alter the durability. My idea was simply make it recover of one point every real time minute (or so) up to 100 or 125.

I am not sure, how easy is. I just started modding.

I see, so it is intended from the starter :) Bethesda is Amazing !

well good luck with your modding activity, tinkering this and there...

it's fun really ! :D

I would say a moderate difficulty, you must do that after combat. then check every item in NPC with syntax GetInvRefsForItem, then repair the items current health

wooow that's dangerous you know !

have you tried my mod called Fix Container Disappear bug ? (it's in my signature, you should turn the debugging ON and see how the bug in action)

if the item really have durability that is not 100 and more than one in quantity, it will disappear from the view !

quote : " Well, sucks to be you. " ---> :huh: uwah not nice not nice....

It is a bit harsh, I agree. But think to the experience that a PC user can have just with a bit of mods against plain vanilla. The console users have no choice. In a way... sucks to be them.

Just to remember some basics: it means no Unique Locations or better graphics, badly implemented level scaling, bad level system, fairly primitive sounds...

Edited by zdswulyx

points taken :)

I will help you with that, about repair durability. you know...

This is what I mean ! This is what I am talking about before (when I get critics about over-self-promoting --- yeah I admit that, but I am not sorry since I just want to share and helps)

curious mind, you are the creative one !

feedback frequent do me any good

in next AoG update I will write something like this :

- now all NPC will repair their own equipment after combat, I think this is essential (brainstorm by motarx & zdswulyx.Thx!)

Thanks for the help, I mean it. But at the moment it's just brainstorming.

The only mod I really want to do at the moment is a companion mod where you (perhaps also other characters) get a luggage inspired by Terry Pratchett. In the other thread Maskar (indirectly) permitted me to use his Mimic creature for this so it should be well doable.

This is what I mean ! This is what I am talking about before (when I get critics about over-self-promoting --- yeah I admit that, but I am not sorry since I just want to share and helps)

In my opinion self-promoting is fine if your mod answers what has been asked. If it does not it does not look nice.

For example, somebody asks if a mod make guards a bit more clever? Your AoG is definitely an answer. Somebody asks for normal mapped textures for oblivion realms? It you try to push with AoG it will look annoying.