⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Please help a newbie - how do i get Nexus Mod Manager to work on DA:I?

Jfelsk

Hi. As you've probably guessed from the title of this, I am a complete and utter amateur, with no experience or understanding of using mods to my name. I wanted to try mods out on Dragon Age Inquisition, I downloaded Nexus Mod Manager, I set it up, and....It doesn't have Dragon Age: Inquisition on its list of supported games - just DA: O and DA 2. I don't understand. I found something called 'DA:I Mod Manager' on nexus, but the link to the file is gone and the page says it's currently unavailable. I have no idea what I should do, how I messed up, or anything that's going on really. Please, take pity on an idiot if you have a moment to spare, and tell me in the simplest terms what I should do. I would be eternally gratefully for any and all help and/or advice.

You need to follow the instructions on the mod page on how to install the mods for that game. The Dragon Age games don't exactly play nice with mod managers in the same way that games like Skyrim or Fallout do. If you're having trouble understanding the instructions to a certain mod, then consider asking for help in the mod comments or maybe just asking for help at the mod troubleshooting forum for DA: Inquisition. Hopefully someone there could help you. Usually the mod pages have the instructions you need though. Good luck.

a) The Nexus Mod Manager does not support every game for which mods are available, only very specific ones. Dark0ne is very selective about which games he wants to devote the programming resources to add to the NMM. One of the criteria is the number of mods available for the particular game. Let's just say DAI doesn't lead the pack...

b) The DAI ModManager was (effectively) replaced by the DAITools Suite Loader, which handles files packaged in the .daimod format. Almost all mods worth having were developed, or tweaked, to work with it.