Skybroom

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one question. Here I have one line which I cannot see in tutorials.

http://imgdepo.com/id/i9618359.jpg

So, NifSkope 1.1.0 wont open nifs. From the very launch it gives me two error messages:

1. "XML parse error (line 247): option value error (only integers please)"

2. "XML parse error (line 50): compound type Animation refers to unknown type SizedString"

Then when I try to load nif I get: ""Unsupported 'Startup Version' 20.0.0.5 specified, reverting to 20.0.0.5"".

I've been googling, but the given tip to change Render\Settings\General\Startup Version to 20.0.0.7 led to nothing.

I've tried both modified and default nif.xml - nothing.

Now I couldn't even emagine whether I am able to break all these obstacles through :sad:

So, there's no way to import\export meshes to\from Blender via NifSkope-nightly-20140710 I've been working with untill now? Tell me once and for good: is it a dead end?

Edited by Skybroom

there is 3 ways i am aware of to use blender for skyrim.

The way redrakiton125 suggests, and the other 2 i have mentioned earlier.

since these ways do work. its just your choice what way to use. i think people just end up doing what works for them.

so as far as i know, there is no dead end u are asking about.

I dont understand why you get an error with 1.1.0 revision 1bbf520 that i downloaded from that link i gave u on nexus. i get no error

My recommendation is to try with a different nif, a vanilla one perhaps.

Import that to blender, export it and successfully into game without malfunction, and u know that the problem is not in the tools or your usage of them, but with the specific nif u were trying to use.

Edit:

Oh, and your screenshot. click the "combine ninode + shapes to single mesh" button so its dark (turned on)

This is default settings. Or you could expand the window downward and there is a button u can click to restore default settings.

Edited by baduk

2.49b works :dance:

Tho it looks a bit out-dated. Think I'll get used.

Thank you so much!

Yes, it does. And yes, both it an the tutorials are out of date. If you need a bit of help from time to time, you can personal message me. I am semi retired and can spare you the time.

David.

The same crap with vanilla mesh.

With default settings (20.0.0.5) the error message is:

""failed to load file header (version 14020007, 20.2.0.7)""

"failed to load nif from 'C:/Users/User/Desktop/BU/Vanilla-bsa/vanilla-Ms/meshes/actors/manekin/manekin.nif'"

In case I change it to 20.0.0.7:

""Unsupported 'Startup Version' 20.0.0.7 specified, reverting to 20.0.0.5""

""failed to load file header (version 14020007, 20.2.0.7)""

"failed to load nif from 'C:/Users/User/Desktop/BU/Vanilla-bsa/vanilla-Ms/meshes/actors/manekin/manekin.nif'"

I've tried downloading from this link (version

nifskope-1.1.0-rc1.1bbf520-windows.exe

down the page)

https://github.com/amorilia/nifskope/downloads

So I have 3 NifSkopes on my Desktop. Only first one I have installed - NifSkope-nightly-20140710 - opens nifs.