Skybroom

for Skybroom,

Ok, I just checked the Autodesk forums. I suspect I may have found your posts but I maybe wrong and I am also going to "read between the lines" here. I need to know a few things to be able to help...

1. how old is you computer? 64bit laptops and PC's have been the norm for a long time now.
  2. what is your operating system? XP, Win8, Win10 (if indeed you run Windows).

Like I said, I could be wrong and this may sound silly but your post on 25th did not make sense in that you must have downloaded the 64bit version of 3dMax as the 32 bit version has not been available to "students" since 2013. Yet you say that it runs, just that having trouble with UV mapping and rendering of texture (.DDS files)

Redrakiton125 is totally correct. 64bit programs will not run on 32bit systems and also very correct that 32bit programs (or plugins) will / should run on a 64bit machine so I can only conclude that you have a 64bit PC/Laptop and the problem you are experiencing is getting the 64bit 3dsMax to recognise the 32bit skyrim plugins / textures etc?

Could this be correct (anyone please comment)?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so after some further reading, yes - there may be some issues with 3dsMax and 32bit plugins. My first post may be correct after all. You may well need to install a 32bit version of 3dsMax to get everyting to work.

WE NEED A 3dsMAX USER TO MAKE SOME COMMENTS HERE - pretty please.

Please confirm your operating system, this will help me a lot more.

The easiest way to find out in Windows without going through any detail is just to look at the folder names on your C drive, if you see "program files" AND "program files (x86)" then you have a 64bit PC for sure.

You would not normally see any reference to x64 anywhere on your PC if you were using an older 32bit PC or laptop.

QED - then you have finally provided the answer that will give the rest of us (if indeed there are any of us left following this thread) a guide as to how to solve your issues. You are using an x64 (or 64bit if you as others prefer to call it) computer system. Please don't be offended but God it took a long time to get that answer out of you. Such a simple thing to ask yet such a long time in specific reply. All you had to do was tell us your operating system right from the begining and the previous two pages of user posts would have beem quite different I am sure.

Ok, so now that we know this, where EXACTLY (oh yes, you do now need to be specific) is the issue?

My dear, you are accusing me of never letting you know what is my OS is, but you are forgetting that I DID NOT KNOW that myself until now. That was my little tragedy. I am really sorry for such a misunderstanding and all the wrong paths our conversation had to follow so far. Still hope, there are a few people on the community who won't regret helping me out. Such a kind souls as you are.

Ok. The essential question unfortunately lies in another space (plane, sphere - which is correct?). Here I have 3Ds Max 2016 installed on my PC, and max-2016-plugins-3.8.0-a3 with two folders (plugcfg, plugins). I pasted files from that folders into the corresponding folders in the 3Ds Max directory. Right? I have a "nettlemerse\gamebryo" function to import\export as a result. I have a lot of sample nifs (of simple and more complicated structure) in separate folders on my DT and in game directory (meshes, textures). I check those meshes in NifSkope to be sure the textures are readable correctly. When importing into 3DM I set these settings:

http://imgdepo.com/id/i9676564.jpg

. Tried other variants, tried different nifs. Every time I have NO TEXTURES in viewport. There it is.

The settings look to be ok. So, does the mesh come into Max ok? I am thinking that if you have all the mesh and it looks ok then you might just need to tell 3dsMax where to find the texture file.