Is there a mod that allows you to buy multiple horses at each stable?

Gabby2805

• 7 months later...

I want to be able to go to Whiterun and buy 3 different horses at the same time, 1 for me and 2 for my followers. I don't fast travel and I dont want to have to go to another city before I'm ready to just to get horses for them. But I also cant stand them following miles behind on foot while I ride my horse - we need to all be riding at the same time and from the same place.

Have you found a solution yet?

Have you found a solution yet?

This is Gabby2805 on my new account :smile: My solution is sticking with Convenient Horses, there's simply no better alternative. Although, I have switched from Ultimate Follower Overhaul to Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks. This still means I can have multiple followers but in a much more immersive and less buggy way and Convenient Horses means they all automatically have their own horses as soon as you buy one. As for stabling, I use both 'Immersive Stables' and 'Horse Stabling'.

If you REALLY want to use Immersive Horses, then 'Swift Steed Stables' is a pretty good solution since it adds stables in most holds with loads of horses to buy. But personally for me, I couldn't make the switch from Convenient to Immersive.

Edited by BellaDovah

None of mods you named I have in my mod list :smile: Hi. Listen, you've been talking about no fast travel, group riding and so on. Have you ever managed to get from one town to another with no being dramatically obstructed, when your followers get stuck in fight with enemies? Today, for example, I'm trying my best to make my way from Riften to Windhelm, only one follower with me, we're both mounted. I bought a second horse in Riften Stables, spent my last money. And those bears - they are so often to encounter in these parts. Each of them means death of one of my horses at least.

In any case, thanks for reply and links. Gonna search for appropriate mods combination.

Edited by Skybroom

Skybrom, have you tried a mod that "protects" horses so that only your character can kill them? I think both Convenient Horses & Immersive Horses have that option, as well as an option to stop them from jumping into your battles. It also means that you won't ever again go into a ruin & come out with awesome loot that you don't want to lose, just to find that at some point yet another of your horses had been slaughtered by some beasty behind your back :/

Hi. I don't think this kind of "protection" is highly immersive. But the "stop from jumping into battles" function is worth checking out. Yes, my horses are intolerant of enemies and very brave. Though I doubt it will help, because I am speaking of horses having my followers on their backs. I am using FLP, and have mounted combat preference set "on". So, followers don't dismount when they meet an enemy. I guess, this is followers' AI is responsible for undesirable stops along the way. But if the horse could carry it's rider away from danger, flee away with my follower on it's back - this would be the best option.

So, my problem, or request, or whatever is to find a possibility of AVOIDING COMBAT when making your way riding along with your companions.