Mod that removes volumetric interior lights

Gonzotron93

Hi all, it would really help if someone could create a mod that removes only volumetric lights in Fallout 4, I found a mod that simply removes all lighting from the game but the interiors end up too dark. I've tried every performance mod out there, but nothing really came close other than the mod that removed all the lights; my framerate doubled so I'd love to see a mod that doesn't remove all the lighting but only the ones that drain Fps. Thank you guys.

Hi all, it would really help if someone could create a mod that removes only volumetric lights in Fallout 4, I found a mod that simply removes all lighting from the game but the interiors end up too dark. I've tried every performance mod out there, but nothing really came close other than the mod that removed all the lights; my framerate doubled so I'd love to see a mod that doesn't remove all the lighting but only the ones that drain Fps. Thank you guys.

edits.jpg

It's already set to off, yet when I visit places like Concord Museum of Freedom, the Corvega Factory, and the Institute my Fps goes down when looking at a certain part (i.e. a Wall with no geometry behind it at all just a light). The option you're showing just turns it off for the outside environment.

It's already set to off, yet when I visit places like Concord Museum of Freedom, the Corvega Factory, and the Institute my Fps goes down when looking at a certain part (i.e. a Wall with no geometry behind it at all just a light). The option you're showing just turns it off for the outside environment.

Currently on a 32bit system so I can't load the games software to make the patches you require.

Interiors are not subjected to god rays unless there is to be an opening in the ceiling to the outside world.

Subterranean world spaces are unique. Each would require specif modding done to them and hope no other mods use the same spaces.

there can be no one does all fix.

you specified just a few locations...if you want this done, you need to be thorough enough for me or any one to provide a fix for it.

"make a complete list" next time I boot into a 64bit system, I'll see what I can do for you.

I'm going to be tied up here on this system for a bout a week or so. I need this system for some other modding to do with a game this web site does not yet support.

That's all I can or am willing to offer.

Kitty.

Do you or have you used Bilago Fallout4 Configuring software? there is a way to shut off volumetric lighting using it. Under the performance tab you'll see enable/disable Volumetric Lighting if it's shaded Blue it's enabled if it's shaded Black it's disabled, Godrays are just a sub function of Volumetric Lighting and just shutting those off will not shut off the main feature.http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/? It shows what I'm talking about on that pages image section in the performance image.

Edited by ClayboTGW

I like Bilago for advanced ini tweaks as it has just every ini command you can think of in it but if used for ini tweaking I do highly suggest backing up your working ini before you start because you can blow the game up easily, by what the OP was saying lighting in general seems to be his issues so it maybe a tileable lighting setting in his ini or seeing the places he is talking about it could be a particle count as well

Edited by ClayboTGW

Hi ClayboTGW,

I don't think it's the interior particles since I also have a mod that turns it off, I've downloaded many performance mods and all of them are active but they do very little in giving me FPS; even the particle count isn't much of an issue so I'm fairly certain it's either the lighting, or the poor Occlusion Culling in this game. I also use Bilago's Launcher and have Volumetric Lighting turned off, so even I'm not sure what the problem is now. Either way thanks for the input guys, didn't expect to get replies. :tongue:

Edit:I've a decent computer running this game since I can run every other game on High/Ultra settings (BF4, Modded Skyrim, etc.) so I'm not sure why Fallout 4 is absolutely destroying my computer in some interior locations.

Edited by Gonzotron93