Power button

massigest

I would like to suggest a mod that makes a button that pulses power for a certain period of time.

This sort of already exists in the game in a different way. For example: -pressure plate, you can activate it and it will pulse power for half a second.

-firing target: pulse, when you shoot it pulses power.

-conveyor belt laser tripwire: pulse, this pulses power when something passes it.

You get the idea. You could use the model from the button at red rocket, the one for the garage door.

Here are some ideas for features: -pulse time changeable through terminal.

-3 versions: one for the wall, one for the ceiling, one for the floor. Just like the power conduits.

Thank you for reading, hope you like the idea,

~a settlement enthusiast

P.S.

I have made a button system in vanilla, but it takes a lot of wiring, so this mod would just make things easier. If you want a tutorial for that system i can try to post it somehow somewhere.

You're talking about a Tesla Coil trap that is manually activated by the press of a button right? Just making sure I understood your post. Not saying I can make what you're asking for, just naturally curious.

I'm asking if someone can make a button, that pulses power. Right now we have switches, those toggle power on and off. I'd like the button to activate power for a certian period of time.

Here's an example. i have a switch wired to a light, and a button wired to a light. I activate the switch and the light will stay on until i activate it again to turn it off. I activate the button, it will go on, and will turn of after a certain period of time.

Hopefully that was a good enough explanation, if not, just say so.