AI tweak basic firearm safety

freakyskull516

bethesda amazes me at times with how stupid they can be they have been making games with guns for over 10 years now and yet they still dont understand basic firearm safety

to be exact the first rule of firearm safety NEVER FOR ANY REASON STAND IN FRONT OF SOMEONE WHO IS OPERATING A FIREARM! despite this being one of the simplest rules imaginable

right down to it being naturally occurring through survival instincts every companion in the game feels the insatiable need to lunge forward into your line of fire the instant you pull the trigger.

which is why i propose this AI change

if an actor has their ranged weapon drawn and pointed forward all other actors will do all in their power NOT to stand in front of them!

i simply cannot understand why this was not vanilla all of the resources required to program this behavior are there actors DO acknowledge that your weapon is drawn they DO take cover if you aim down sights and are hostile so why cant friendly NPCs understand that i am pointing a gun at something and not to f*#@ing block me!?

just today i was sneaking up on some gunners with a missile launcher drawn pointed at them and looking down sights at them and just as i was pulling the trigger dumbf*#@ mcgee sprints! not walks. not runs. f*#@ING SPRINTS! into my line of fire causing the missile to hit them at point blank range killing us both. they left sneak mode and sprinted into the shot! AND THIS IS A COMMON OCCURRENCE!!! IM DAMN f*#@ING SURE THAT PIPER HAS TAKEN AT LEAST HALF AS MANY PLASMA ROUNDS AS EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER KILLED!!!

i should not have to be here ON A MODDING SITE for this it should be f*#@ing vanilla but NNNOOOOOO!! bethesda cant do even the simplest thing right!

Yeah, this annoying. Especially as a long-range stealth enthusiast, I'm tired of scoping in on my enemies only to end up getting a telescopic view of MacCready's ass (lovely though it may be.) Also there's the issue where he thinks the middle of a firefight is a good time to tell me that thing he's been wanting to tell me for a while, because, and I quote: "now is as good a time as any." No it f*#@ing isn't MacCready I literally just spent four hours sitting at a noodle stand and now that you've watched me pick a lock you are desperate to tell me about your dying son I know how you work