TES5Edit - Error using 'Copy as Override' Function

PresidentDylan5

I think I sort of understand; as you say, I found that Guard Dialogue Overhaul injected a number of keywords into Update.esm. However, copying a dialogue topic individually does not produce any error, even when it references an injected Form ID, and it seems to copy all the Form IDs, including injected ones, fine. I don't understand the need for the procedure you outlined:

It would take you a while, but in order to do this you would need to make a MyMaster.esm file, sort that right after Update.esm, added it as a master of the files, sort the masters of all the files, (so the plugin header is correct) then used copy as override into... (and copy the injected records to the MyMaster.esm file) renumber all the FormIDs properly (just change the prefix [01]XXXXXX, don't change the suffix), line up up all the overrides what you are doing might work.

Do you think there are discrete errors in my patch plugin that aren't being reported by xEdit? There does not seem to be any problem with copying injected records other than when I used the 'deep copy as override' function.