Question on Scripting and Custom Weapons: How do the Junk Jet and Syringer work, script-wise?

ZeroCore

Long story short, I'm trying trying to make a weapon that works like the Syringer or Junk Jet in terms of ammo and loading; you hit the reload key when the weapon's equipped, an inventory pops up that only allows certain items inside, and then you put things that you want to shoot as ammo into it.

Issue being this; I'm looking at the Syringer and the Junk Jet in the Fallout 4 Creation Kit right now, and I can't see any scripts attached to them, not as an item enchantment or anything else, so I'm wondering how these weapons work in-game.

Is there a quest that handles them, or is it something else?

I would have guessed that there was a hidden container somewhere in an interior cell which was tied to the weapon via a script effect. The script would trigger on fire and on reload. Some manner of case handling would prevent the player from loading unacceptable items into the container (anything other than syringer ammo for the syringer and anything other than junk for the junk jet) and then when the inventory was closed, the weapon was marked as "loaded" by the script. Afterward, on fire, the script would run again and then remove an item from the hidden container, place it directly in front of the player, give it a HAVOK impulse force and give it a damage value proportional to its weight and the force delivered to it. When the moving object then impacted a creature/NPC/destructible object, it would then deal damage equal to this value.

Or, in short, I thought it worked the same way as the Rock-It Launcher from Fallout 3.

I was off, and I am having a hard time figuring Fallout 4's equivalent weapons out. If anyone could provide some help, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by ZeroCore

As far as the ammo, I searched Junk Jet and seen that there are keywords for JunkJetAmmo and NotJunkJet Ammo. So if they don't have the right keyword, the Junk Jet will refuse it. As for container, I didn't see any with the filing cabinet icon, but given that you open the Junk Jet like a container and place the items in there, there should be some type of list or container or something that would store all that data. That's what I've gathered from looking at it for all of 5 minutes.

• 7 months later...