Save game script cleaner

SamTT

Is it needed? I read somewhere that because of the engine upgrade save game bloating is very rare.

I used the save game cleaner tool on Skyrim 32 but a lot. It was great for when I'd remove a mod but it kept scripts in my save file. The tool could clean them out and restore an otherwise lost save file. I'm assuming 64 bit version will still have scripts that stick around if a mod is removed that had scripts running.

Well, I have some weird save game errors such as "Save was damaged" messages and CTD afterwards. This happend mostly when I deactive mods out of NMM. So I thought I just clean the save game and can continue without the fishy mod.

Tried running the old Save Game Cleaner from original Skyrim, just for the hell of it, to see if it'd "work" I know it was a long shot, but no love there =/

Hope someone is working on a tool for this at the moment, as someone who installs and uninstalls mods on an hourly basis usually, it's a must have :P

Markdf is working on porting his Skyrim Tools to SSE. This is IMO the best save cleaner for Skyrim. The main issue facing this type of tool is that SSE saves are compressed with a variant of LZ77 and nobody has quite figured out how to access them yet. Once someone comes up with a routine to decompress them, tools like this, and the savegame features in Wrye Bash, etc, will be much easier to port over.

Tried running the old Save Game Cleaner from original Skyrim, just for the hell of it, to see if it'd "work" I know it was a long shot, but no love there =/

Hope someone is working on a tool for this at the moment, as someone who installs and uninstalls mods on an hourly basis usually, it's a must have :tongue:

Does not work, tried that before