How well will Skyrim run?

Mamric

I have a question. How well will my computer be able to run Skyrim:

Processor: 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB

And what settings could I play it on without any screen tearing?

IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION about your masheen and how well it'll run with Skyrim please feel free to leave a reply below and hopefully someone can help you out.

That's awesome. My Rez is 27-inch (2560 x 1440). Any help on that? I'm thinking of spoiling myself with Skyrim of Christmas but I'm a manic for the best and I don't think I can cope with myself if I could play on "normal" settings or lower. ^^;

I would also like to know before I pick up a copy for my pc. I have had a bad run of luck lately in buying games my pc can't handle (the Witcher II being the most recent).

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 2.33GHz

ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (1gig)

8G Ram

1TB HD

Windows Vista X64 SP2

If Skyrim uses as much of my PC's juice as The Witcher II did, then unfortunately I will have to cry and wait untill I can afford a pretty new video card that isn't worth a bag of unsalted peanuts, the no name brand kind too >.>

Any help would be appreciated ^^

High isn't ultra, keep in mind. I run high smoothly with a card slightly better than yours and a faster quad core cpu. For you, I'd recommend setting it to 'high' with only a small amount of antialiasing. That's a very, very high resolution though, so don't be surprised if you have to settle for something less.

I could run ultra quite well on my card if not for that stupid shadow accelerator bug, so I doubt you'll have much trouble running on high. I'd look up a youtube video of someone benchmarking with your card. That's usually a good way to find out what you'll be able to run a game at.

EDIT: I looked at some videos for you. You'll probably run high or ultra at that resolution smoothly, assuming you keep shadows set on 'high', since ultra has a weird fps-destroyer bug.

Edited by Rennn

I would also like to know before I pick up a copy for my pc. I have had a bad run of luck lately in buying games my pc can't handle (the Witcher II being the most recent).

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 2.33GHz

ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (1gig)

8G Ram

1TB HD

Windows Vista X64 SP2

If Skyrim uses as much of my PC's juice as The Witcher II did, then unfortunately I will have to cry and wait untill I can afford a pretty new video card that isn't worth a bag of unsalted peanuts, the no name brand kind too >.>

Any help would be appreciated ^^

The Witcher 2 is a pc destroyer, unfortunately (or fortunately now, I guess). Between DRM sucking away performance, and it's naturally high specs, Skyrim should be easier to run.

What 4600 series do you have? 4670?

Edited by Rennn