Major FPS loss while facing certain areas in my location mod

greekrage

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

see, I know your good at what your doing, your "tested", so If I tell you, the character / player is walking around in a giant ball? what would that tell you about what you see in the game?

IF im getting the question correctly it would mean that no mater where i looked that the background (behind whats directly in front of me ) is the same or something attached to my camera thats all ways there .

sort of, your watching a screen, a projector of images placed in front of you on the inside of the cameras ball about 35 feet in from of you, beyond that, there is nothing, it's just a void.

The games engine is compressing all that data and manipulates it like a movie.

there is nothing behind you.

send me just the plugin you edited so i can see what you did.

EDIT: it's possible we can turn off all collisions on the ship. If the ship is not the same one parked at it's pier?

turning off things under the map that have no contact with the player will eliminate a great deal of load.

you don't need collision with the sky or the air.

Edited by Purr4me

The effect you get as you cross that fps killer boarder is like lag from the harddrive a sort of stutter and then after that fps doesnt recover even if you step back again..obviously it wouldnt change since the new cells data has been loaded.