Hadvar/Ralof is bugged

LarryBob

During the quest "Unbound" when you are following Ralof or Hadvar through the keep, Alduin causes a cave-in forcing you to take an alternate route. Both Hadvar AND Ralof stop at the door leading out of that route's room (the one with the potions) and don't go any further, making it impossible to proceed with the main quest.

go to the area right after where they are getting stuck, then use the console "placeatme" command.

examples:

HADVAR:

prid 2BFA2

player.placeatme 2BF9F

RALOF:

prid 2BF9E

player.placeatme 2BF9D

hope this helps.

Ive just found out you can follow the Stormcloak guy i just followed the other because i thought he was my guide, i got confused by the confrontation and just followed him ^^

• 1 year later...
there are quite a lot bugs with them, i sided with the imperials and at the end, hadvars still following me and hes glitched but he wont leave, and goes to riverwood, until i go 2 whiterun then he comes running on in with his sword raised, its a shame cuz i like whiterun so i went under the bridge where the water is, set him to non-essential and slit his stupid-ass throat, i liked him, but i must say it was very fun... :D

go to the area right after where they are getting stuck, then use the console "placeatme" command.

examples:

HADVAR:

prid 2BFA2

player.placeatme 2BF9F

RALOF:

prid 2BF9E

player.placeatme 2BF9D

hope this helps.

This will create a COPY of the NPC at the player and will probably cause other problems. Better to use "moveto player" instead of "player.placeatme".

Edited by CarlCorey