Photo

No Thieves Guild Jobs in Whiterun or Winterhold (Mod)

thieves guild whiterun winterhold quest small jobs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

NovumSemita

NovumSemita

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hello,

I am having a problem with the Thieves Guild small jobs (bedlam, heist, etc). I can get jobs in all the holds bar Whiterun and Winterhold. I'm using the Localized Thieves Guild Mod which allows me to choose which hold I'd like to get a job in. All work as planned except the aforementioned two. When I ask for a job in Whiterun the conversation with Vex or Delvin proceeds as normal but when the conversation ends no quest is started and nothing is added to the journal. I tried looking in the creation kit. It's almost as if Whiterun and Winterhold don't match the conditions to be picked as viable locations but I tried looking in the kit and couldn't find anything of that nature (though I might have missed something, I'm not too good with the CK) This is the only major problem I'm having with the game, performance is fine. I'll also paste my load order below:

Spoiler

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

snelss0

snelss0

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Whenever you move/alter/delete a mod, because Skyrim bakes information into your saves, this can cause issues. I suggest testing these changes on a new game.
1. Make sure that you've read the post in the "Posts" section pinned and elsewhere for your issue with the LTGM. He mentions errors with USKP, which you use.
2. Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade requires two other mods which are listed on his page and also should be in a specific load order. Make sure you read the mods you install.
3. Check on each of your thief editing mods, such as Thief tools, thief followers, and so on, that they don't mess with the quests and such that LTGM provides or influences. If they do, these mods conflict.
4. I would recommend all your Fnis, all animations FNIS updates, and your XPMSE mod go just up next to Alternate Start at the near end of your load order, and in that order:
FNIS
[animations]
XPMSE
Alternatestart
5. Because you use all DLC, I really would suggest using Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch instead of USKP. If you do use this, make sure your mods are updated for it and reinstalled so that any selections that require Legendary or USLEEP are updated properly. One I can see immediately is RS Children. There is a separate patch for RS Children for USLEEP by a different mod author (I believe). Make sure you reinstall RS CHildren and do not select the USKP.

NovumSemita

NovumSemita

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Whenever you move/alter/delete a mod, because Skyrim bakes information into your saves, this can cause issues. I suggest testing these changes on a new game.
1. Make sure that you've read the post in the "Posts" section pinned and elsewhere for your issue with the LTGM. He mentions errors with USKP, which you use.
2. Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade requires two other mods which are listed on his page and also should be in a specific load order. Make sure you read the mods you install.
3. Check on each of your thief editing mods, such as Thief tools, thief followers, and so on, that they don't mess with the quests and such that LTGM provides or influences. If they do, these mods conflict.
4. I would recommend all your Fnis, all animations FNIS updates, and your XPMSE mod go just up next to Alternate Start at the near end of your load order, and in that order:
FNIS
[animations]
XPMSE
Alternatestart
5. Because you use all DLC, I really would suggest using Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch instead of USKP. If you do use this, make sure your mods are updated for it and reinstalled so that any selections that require Legendary or USLEEP are updated properly. One I can see immediately is RS Children. There is a separate patch for RS Children for USLEEP by a different mod author (I believe). Make sure you reinstall RS CHildren and do not select the USKP.

EDIT: Oh snap, I spoke too soon. On a new save with all my thief related mods removed Whiterun would indeed come up in the list of jobs but now Markarth seems to be absent instead. I'm going to start a new NMM profile with no mods then gradually add them one by one to see if I can identify the culprit.

Thank you very much. snelss0. I followed all your instructions and the second thieves guild job I took landed on Whiterun. Once again, thanks so much.

Edited by NovumSemita, 15 December 2016 - 12:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thieves guild, whiterun, winterhold, quest, small jobs

Page loaded in: 1.325 seconds