Adding 3D meshes to Creation Kit

JackServant

I'm not sure why (maybe because I got the game from Steam?) but my FO4 folder didn't come with Data/Meshes. I have the Data folder. And it has sub-directories like Textures and Materials but no Meshes.

At any rate, I've tried looking for xEdit but everything points to TES5Edit. Which I downloded but it only wants to see Skyrim. So did I get the correct program? If so, how do I make it look at FO4? If not, can you provide a link to the correct download page?

Vanilla game doesn't come with those folders, it only uses ba2 files. You must make them yourself if they don't exist.

As for xEdit, you got the correct one no matter which one you download. But you must read the sticky/description.

I do believe I've made steps in the correct direction. Thank you, Ethreon. I'll let you know if I run into problems.

Here are some written instructions in answer to specific question in the topic: http://www.stuyk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6

Though you should familiarize with some basics such as the file layout, the formats used in Fallout 4 and so on. Here is a small guide for that: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=3783830

I'm not sure why (maybe because I got the game from Steam?) but my FO4 folder didn't come with Data/Meshes. I have the Data folder. And it has sub-directories like Textures and Materials but no Meshes.

At any rate, I've tried looking for xEdit but everything points to TES5Edit. Which I downloded but it only wants to see Skyrim. So did I get the correct program? If so, how do I make it look at FO4? If not, can you provide a link to the correct download page?

- You can simply manually create the "meshes" folder as a sub-directory in the "Data" folder - Once done, it's a good idea to at least create a second sub-directory in "Meshes" such as "My swanky new armor mod" or some such - You could also put the "My swanky new armor mod" directory in either "Armor" or "Clothing" or even "Custom" sub-directory to make them more compatible/familiar to the vanilla Fallout 4 directory structure.

You don't need to specify the "Data" part of the file structure when typing in filenames, as Fallout 4 already knows, and in fact will only look for meshes, in the "Meshes" directory or and subsequent sub-directories, (same with Textures and Materials)

- TES5Edit is the application often referred to as "xEdit". BUT ... You MUST rename the executable to FO4Edit in order for it to understand that you are editing Fallout 4 not Skyrim - Detailed Instructions on what and how to get it to work are written on the FO4Edit page here on the Nexus.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been busy lately. I haven't had much time for modding since I went on vacation right after Christmas. I have messed around with it a little but no successes yet. Another week or two maybe. I'm going to figure this out. And I'll inform everybody of the winning method.