Mass Effect 3 refusing to load saved games(help!)

DrCrowTGamer15

Okay has anyone else run into this glitch on the PC version of Mass Effect 3, every time I start a new game it starts up fine but then when I save and have to reload the game because I died or I had to leave it be for a while, the loading screen just gets stuck. I have been trying to solve this problem for days with no luck. I have gotten rid of all my mods, I have reinstalled the game, I have done everything thing I can think of but I can't finish my renegade femshep playthrough because the game will not let me load a save, it just loops on the loading screen no matter what I do. Now it will load my older saves just fine, but I keep starting new files and every time I die or have to do something else on my computer, I have to restart the game.

I am guessing from now on the only way I can play Mass Effect 3 from now on is to play it in one long forty hour unbroken session without dying once. EA's tech support has been unhelpful, of course, just telling me to reinstall the game after I told them I already did that and then telling me just to buy an XBox One and download the series on that system, which I can't do because of my internet and I lack the funds.

If anyone has run into this problem of the looping loading game screen and knows I fix for it I would be grateful for the help, thanks and Merry Christmas.

If this doesn't have a fix I am just going to toss game in the trash and pretend the series ended with Mass Effect 2, is there any sort of mod out there for Mass Effect 2 that gets rid of the last cut scene where you see the Reapers coming to the galaxy at the end of Mass Effect 2, because without that shot Mass Effect 2 could work as the end of the series, the Reapers need the Citadel to get into our Galaxy in Mass Effect 1, Shepard stops them, so in 2 they make their last ditch effort using their slaves but Shepard kills them all, so they are trapped in dark space for the rest of time with no way back to the galaxy.

I am can tell you one thing after running into game breaking bug after game breaking bug in Mass Effect 3 there is no way I am risking one cent of my money on the next game, since there is no reason for me to believe the think will ever start and EA never patches bugs in their games.

Sorry if this turned into a rant but after almost a week of this I am hopping mad and had to vent and this page is the only place I have that will understand that I am ranting because I love the whole series so now not being allowed to play it is just frustrating. i wanted to see how playing renegade turned out but that is off the table since I can never start a new game ever again.

If you do know of a fix please help me. Thank you for your time and putting up with my venting, and sorry if it upset you, but even a double dose of my panic attack meds were not calming me down, at some point I just had to let it out somewhere. Thank you for putting up with this and Merry Christmas.

Hello There,

It's hard to tell what the real cause of these kind of errors... this is why you've been told to reinstall...

For me the saveGame file cannot load, stuck on loading when it cannot find the necessary files, and so on, like when I did not AutoTOC, etc...

Also the SaveGame files are dependent on the original DLC's if you had them installed when saved... Actually in Gibbed you could select not to be dependent...

The latest SaveGame file could be corrupt, but there is no reason to delete them all...

You know, ME3 and the whole trilogy is very cheep to buy from Origin. I would just buy a copy from them.

If you have a version from Origin, then you could have the game repaired. The easiest and quickest to re-download the games is if you back up your 'Mass Effect 3' folder with all its content and then delete the original folder. After that start a new download and when it gets up to a 1% or so, when you have the folder recreated, then pause the download, and so you copy your backup files back into the 'Mass Effect 3' folder... then resume download, Origin will be thinking for some time and fixes everything, but will not dowloand evrything again.

Also if you have ME3Exolorer v3 you could try AutoTOC, if you have the 'tree' and eveything done already...

Well, these are what I could think of for now. Let us know how you went. Good Luck.

Thanks I will give getting a whole new copy a shot as I have reinstalled the game once already and that did not help at all. If that doesn't work I guess I will have to try getting a new hard drive and installing the game there since that is the only way to be sure the install is completely clean.

I''ll let you know if any of your ideas work.

Thank you and merry christmas.

I wish you'll make it work. Getting a new hdd I think is not necessary for ME3 to run properly, all files are in the 'Mass Effect 3' folder, plus the Documents/Bioware.

I have two different brand laptops and the game works fine on both, but might be a glitch with Renegate FemShep... look, perhaps try to resave the SaveGame file with Gibbed or flip the gender while you get over that section and than change it back... Good luck.

Marry Christmas to You too.

I will try flipping the gender because I discovered the games works fine when playing as male shepard. I am guessing Bioware is just a completely sexist company and they decided to punish anyone who tried to play as Femshep by making it impossible to save, talk about a bunch of jerks. I am looking into hacks to get passed this as search on google seems to point to this being a default setting on the PC version of Mass Effect 3. It seems the game''s director didn't want Femshep in the series at all so a bug was put in to punish anyone who played as her. Bioware is clearly an evil sexist company and I will never play any of their or Ea's games after they pulled this stunt.

Good on Ya, there is some progress.

I think when you are the ultimate renegade, they could not put more scars on FemSheps face so they had to make the game to crash as the highest achievement!

I think their ego-tripping only effected the ending, actually the refusal of changing the ending as the fans wanted it and that they could not understand how it would have been possible to create a victorious heroic happy ending just as the ME&ME2 had... otherwise they did a good job, not a best one because of the shortcomings in the romances, but this FemShep might be an oversight only...

Don't give up, it will be fantastic to finish it, with all those mods available... and so you could jump straight into playing the Andromeda...

I think everything, even our hardship happens for a good, beneficial reason... so Good Luck.

Thanks for your help, thanks to thinking about some of the things you said I had an idea and got the game working am now two hours into a new playthrough of Mass Effect 3, and my first as renegade Femshep.

I just found out that the trouble I was having with Femshep for over a week was because I used a custom Femshep, any time I change anything with her, even if it is just hair colour from the default the game would not let me load a saved game, but once I took the same files and changed them to the default Femshep, then all of the sudden they worked perfectly, so a week of grief and having to use a friend's internet to redownload all the DLC, and what I am left with is having to use a Shepard who looks completely different from The Shepard I spent 40 minutes creating in game 1 and imported fine into game 2, and even if I started from scratch on game 3, if I changed anything from default I got the game problem, so it was not the files I was importing, since they all worked fine once I switched her to default, this is from the same publisher who made The Sims, how can changing the hair style cause so many problems? I think EA rushed this game out the door without running a single bug test. Well that is what I get for buying a game from them, I should have known what I was in for, so this one is on me, buyer beware.

So yeah the PC is my system of choice for playing Mass Effect because of the keyboard and mouse unless I want to play as Femshep. I think if I ever do that again I will be getting a copy of the series for the 360 and hope the game doesn't have the same glitch in that version.

I am just glad the nightmare is over, but this is going to make my Let's play come off as a little strange, still I guess I could add a caption saying my evil Shepard was so vein that instead of preparing for the invasion between games, she got plastic surgery to make herself look more pretty, still I hate losing the ugly face I worked so hard on, still it is a small price to pay for a working game, so over all I am happy with the outcome.

G'day Mate. I'm glad you can continue playing your game.

I'm sure you know, you could create a custom FemShep when you start a new game, and in Gibbed copy that HeadMorph into your existing save. Give yourself max Renegade points, zero parangon and so she might look like as her previous self... maybe in Photoshop with the help of ME3Explorer you could create a few extra scars and download a custome hair style that can be installed with ME3Explorer... What do you reckon?

Anyhow. Enjoy.