Making FO4 accept mods - for the umpteenth time

Bernt

I know this has been up so many times. Well - this is my story.

Yesterday I bought the Seasons Pass and updated my game to the latest version. Needless to say everything crashed. I've uninstalled everything - including NMM - and have downloaded and installed the basic game + the DLCs.

I can start and play a new game just fine using either the desktop shortcut, the in-game launcher or launcing from NMM. Basically the same I know. But as soon as I add:

"[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal="

to my fallout custom.ini I can do nothing but watch the slides. As soon as I try to load a save - House or Vault 111- it is CTD. Trying to start a new game is the same - CTD.

When I delete these 3 lines I can play normally.

My custom.ini looks like this:

"[Display]
iLocation X=0
iLocation Y=0
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=" when it is unplayable.

That's all there is to it.

I played for a very long time with my game locked at 1.4, installing and uninstalling a plethora of mods. Now............... No luck!!

IF you are trying to load saves from before purging your game, they might be corrupt to some level. Does this happen with a new save and no mods?

Also, tried not adding those lines and just letting NMM do it for you, then adding mods to see if they work?

None of my old saves work at all. It also happen with a brand new game. However - I discovered a lot of left over files from old mods in my folders. I don't know how they got tehre though. I thought I made sure to delte everything. Now I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Steam too together with FO4 and NMM.

Just came home from a very nice and cozy christmas evening with children and grandchildren. Time to go to bed. Tomorrow I'll get down to work with that freakin' game again.

I noticed a new section on the loading screen named "mods" But it seemed only to be something to do with Bethnet. am I right?