Missing flowchartx64.dll

KreinRaan

Hi guys, im startin mod with the creation Kit, recently created own NPCs, all fine.

BUT: Now im Starting to create own Quest, but I cant create anyting because the CreationKit "crashes" by editing the dialogue Options.

It says the flowchartx64.dll is missing. I already tried the regsvr32, but it doesnt work. Even Windows cant find it. You've got any Help?

i had the same issue with missing dll pop up in creation kit, but regsvr32 worked for me. it seems odd that you cannot find the file on your pc. are you definitely looking in the actual skyrim special edition folder and not the data folder?

7e9f893661dc159f2e6283b8fe572df2.png

also the easiest way to do the regsvr32 method, is to first navigate to your skyrim folder in cmd

so for me i did this:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

regsvr32 flowchartx64.dll
Edited by tyfe1994

Tried this, too. I think my Mods irritated Steam so hard, it got no Idea which File is correct and which not :/

Is the flowchartx64 file a permanent file or written by Skyrim, depend on the user? If permanent, can you send me youre File? :/ Sounds brute force, but i dont want to reinstall the whole Game :/

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add, running CK as an administrator does not work, or at least it didn't for me and I know it doesn't for others.

Tyfe1994's solution does work.

I'll add that you may get the following error when trying to use it:

The module "flowchartx64.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterService failed with the error code 0x80070005.

If that happens, it is possible that you are not logged to your PC on as an administrator. Even if you are, it can still occur. Running cmd.exe as an administrator and then following tyfe1994's instructions sorted out the error for me and my dialog views now work correctly.

Edit: Ha! Good old CK. I spoke too soon. I've now got the problem where CK crashes every time I try to open my dialog view for the quest. I've used SSEedit to generate an SEQ file for my mod, turned the old FX8350 8-core processor up to max performance in case it was a processing problem..nada, nothing. Crash, crash, crash! I don't know what to do. If it's a RAM issue, I've got 16GB of DDR3 in there. I could go up to 32GB with the current motherboard but surely not?

I don't see how Steam validation is going to fix problems with the CK. Shouldn't the CK be validated using the Bethesda.Net launcher, which you should have used to download and install the CK in the first place?