Fallout Character Overhaul causes missing face textures, if disabled, crashes the game after the opening cutscene.

OverwatchPro

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The picture you posted is just a source folder where the mods packages are located, it's from there where it all starts. IF the packages are made correctly and you read and "understand" the description pages instructions...your half way there.

The problem is..apparently as seen now, your not aware of how all of this works. That's why I am still here, to make sure you do learn how it all works.

The steam program places all it's data, games, security, instructions, paths into it's containers for it's OS. "operating system for games and valve software usage"

Reguardless of all the strange wording that goes on, the game it's self works only one way.

Bethesda games use the games sub folder "Data" to deposit updates, any and all mods with in that folder. "Data"

Tools makers set up the targets based on that, Mod authors write their installer scripts based on Both.

Game installers are sort of a crap shoot, they may install things more than whats needed based on the tool used to do that, and they may not uninstall all of it due to how the installer works.

For you, I tested this mod's installer thoroughly and discovered the basic issues surrounding it's birth, its' tool used / targeted tool usage. "what was needed to install it correctly.

I can afford to make a mess much easier that you based on your circumstances with your service providers speed problems. + I know what to do as well.

Because of space requirements of some of these tools use ? I refuse to use tools that waste way too much space.

Nmm appears "Appears" to make 4 copies of every mod packages and places those packages all over the place.

FOC is 500mb compressed archive....extracted? like wow! now, think really hard about using a 32gig flash drive to do mod testing on?

All tools + steam resides on that flash drive.

the game is installed on it. but the space we started out with is gone.

Having two games, both fallout s on it leave little to no space left.

copy yet just to keep things clean this FCO package from the download to that drive, and we loose yet another 500mb's of space.

Run Nmm and I completely ran out of space.

delete.use fomm

It used 2 copies of the main package and filled up 1.3 gigs of temp data on the C:\users\Myname\app\local\temp folders over loaded with Junk that is not removed, it just sits there for ever.

Use of Mod organizer..leave just the extracted data.."one single extracted copy" of this mod. and it all fits on the flash drive with space to spare.

As shown in the previous posts, I ran into what seemed to be an installer issue; Remember, I am dealing with an unknown mod to me and dealing with all I just posted about, looking for the reason your having issues there..all here under my microscope.

If your Data directory has anything other than what I have posted after you had / have reinstalled a fresh game ? then this will be the reason the game will not load or CTD.

Mo, Mod Organizer uses a folder called Overwrite, it is a staging folder for these types of mods. when I uninstalled this mod, that folder still contained all of the textures and mesh files from FOC's installer packages. The Overwrite folder is a Representative of the games main Data folder or scratch space.

Because it left all of that data behind tells me your games data folder had all of that still sitting in there as well and without the correct master files or plugin to tell the games engine what to do with it? the game will try to load it as loose data overwrites...where we started out. 1rst post.

this means the uninstaller is not removing said data for your programs used, yes, even Fomm will leave it all behind too, that means to ME, the installer is broken.

Thankfully I do use Mo, it's one hell of a tool for games it's designed for to use. The right tool for th0e right job.

Mo shows as I posted, this mod has choices, and yeah, I deliberately chose all it offered as most will do.

The results shows what's left, you ended up installing things the game can not run at all. Because you do not have all that's needed to begin with and it installed that data as you chose.

Even uninstalling this mod did not fix the current issues.

Mod Organizer will not install any mod data int o the game main Data folder unless you configure it to do so.

Fomm does

Nmm Does

Steam does.

By "match" you mean to make sure that every master in the FOMM menu and the \common\FNV\Data menu both have the same files?

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5293225-fallout-character-overhaul-causes-missing-face-textures-if-disabled-crashes-the-game-after-the-opening-cutscene/page-3&do=findComment&comment=46938605

Match that

As a modding tool Mod organizer is "Persistent" but is not as mods go, is as a useful tool goes.

As a modding tool NMM IS "persistent" no matter what and does not clean up after it's self, leave mods in-place or disables then in place.

As a modding tool Fomm was the first Tool used for fallout series and Oblivion game. Basic mod tool 101. Used Boss tools to sort with.

As a modding tool Boss was the kats meow while it was supported but was abandoned due to progress, no body cares any more for Fallout's.

As modding goes, all tools were built to support Tes file formats. Bethesda games.

As modding goes, time wears out popularity of one for another and we all loose. "Your left with what ever choice support is given too and that as they say is that."

As for waits for us now coming up rather quickly is a new breed of tools to over come Microsoft's wishes. It's gonna be a real mess. This is easy right now, By mid march? another story will start to unfold. Not gonna be fun.

My apologies, I have been busy doing work, and can't really check the forums too often.

Regardless, I really appreciate your help getting me on the right track. Right now everything works up until I exit Doc Mitchell's clinic, then the game crashes to desktop. Certainly a step up from before though. My guess is my load order is all kinds of f*#@ed because I never know how to sort it, and LOOT is bugging out right now.

Here is my current load order. http://pastebin.com/eeK8Tpm3

My apologies, I have been busy doing work, and can't really check the forums too often.

Regardless, I really appreciate your help getting me on the right track. Right now everything works up until I exit Doc Mitchell's clinic, then the game crashes to desktop. Certainly a step up from before though. My guess is my load order is all kinds of f***ed because I never know how to sort it, and LOOT is bugging out right now.

Here is my current load order. http://pastebin.com/eeK8Tpm3

Please use this (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/ajax/downloadfile?id=1000020909)

and I'll send you PM the templates for it to use .

Ok, based On the PM, "still crashing" but also seeing this:

Now the game is "freezing up" on exit into the world space exterior.

My only Idea left is to work strictly with the Default game software and base test it alone without mods.

Load order now looks out of sight ! like right on the money. IF you are using an older saved game to test this? that will have old out of sync data in it, and a fresh start would be in order.

Once again:

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm Move down under last DLC please.
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
[X] Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm
[X] MikotoBeauty.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp Questionable placment.
[X] NevadaSkies.esm
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp Questionable Placment
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
[X] No Ammo Weight.esp
[ ] NevadaSkies - Basic Edition.esp Remove from Data directory
[ ] NevadaSkies - TTW Edition.esp Remove from Data directory

[X] NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp
[X] NevadaSkies - Darker Nights.esp
[X] FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting - Full.esp
[X] AWOP-WMX-EVE AllDLC.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
[X] Conelrad 640-1240.esp
[X] dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp
[X] Project Nevada - WMX.esp
[X] WMX-DeadMoney.esp
[X] WMX-HonestHearts.esp
[X] WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
[X] WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp
[X] WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp
[X] EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
[X] WMX-EVE-AllDLC.esp
[X] Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp
[X] Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
[X] ILO - A World of Pain.esp
[X] ILO - Nevada Skies Patch.esp
[X] MikotoBeauty.esp

you might be due a merged patch becasue I don't see one here.

<snip>

reusing this because you asked about how to make the merged patch in PM. I have no room left at the moment in there.

If you followed the instructions here "used Fomm" to place the files in the order I told you to do or used the tool I suggested to use in a later post...those need to be "in place" prior to making a merged patch.

Run fomm--drop down menu In fomm you will see FNvedit, run that, when it's all loaded, on the left side Highlight all you see and select "Apply ** for cleaning " BUT do not clean any thing. when it completes, right click the bottom file and select the drop menu item Options---then Merged patch feature, make up any name you want and let it fly ! save it, your done...Rock end roll.

Freezing may have something to do with graphics there on the PC, it can be any number of things, but the facts are when this started out, you had issue with the basic game...that being so, there stands a chance the PC or location or some other things, Lack of PC components, incorrect directx, system updates missing, Visual-basics incorrect or corrupted.

Slow as snails IP 'Service provider", Corrupted game files.

It is mostly..that is most of the time, Impossible to download and get clean files for any steam games on a dial;up connection and have their integrity whole.

How I can prove that is to view the steam common downloads folders for incomplete games, when you look at them, these files only appear to be complete but they are not, they are labeled as full but are just shells, the data Byte size only appears to be complete, but are not, they will be shown in a grey'd out color.

Same goes for the nexus servers, downloads get corrupted but only appear to be whole but in fact are incomplete files, Junk

So with all of this in my mind and so posts that started to completion, we have that too to consider..

Keep an open mind, get better service for your internet when able. Land line is not the only thing available any more, this is 2017, technology

is already in-place because I am using it right now.

I do not have any cable companies , or At&T dial ups, nothing in my home owned by any service provider.

I am my own service provider through cell connections. Wireless baby !

If I need speed? Coffee with the hubby at the doughnut shop cafe. Laptop shall travel.

Grab a wet rag for you eye's. I know I make them water.

Kitty

Edited by Purr4me