[LE] TESVEdit why are there so much overwritten entries in my esp?

Tasheni

Thanks, Teshini. I read through it and bookmarked. But my problem with the mod I'm working on is that I didn't delete any navs. I haven't even opened up the tool yet exterior but I'm getting a few navs missing. Don't get that one.

The CK can be finicky (to say the least) when dealing with navmesh issues. You don't always have to actually hit the delete key on a triangle, vert, or edge if you link to or even edit the part of the mesh that is considered an island - it will still show up as "deleted" when doing your cleaning.

Thanks, Teshini. I read through it and bookmarked. But my problem with the mod I'm working on is that I didn't delete any navs. I haven't even opened up the tool yet exterior but I'm getting a few navs missing. Don't get that one.

The CK can be finicky (to say the least) when dealing with navmesh issues. You don't always have to actually hit the delete key on a triangle, vert, or edge if you link to or even edit the part of the mesh that is considered an island - it will still show up as "deleted" when doing your cleaning.

Does that apply to never even opening the nav mesh tool in the exterior? Because I haven't. I am also seeing the CK giving nav errors in cells that are so far removed from my own mod that there is no way I am responsible for that one....but back to my issue, the errors I get are coming from SSEEdit not the CK. Next time I start a mod, I'm going to immediately open it up in the Edit to see what I get.

It's been a while since I've done anything in the CK, but I do remember that it does pop up navmesh errors when it loads. These are in the vanilla master, and so the CK can't touch them. I think that's what you might be seeing. :smile:

Look at the pinned cleaning thread in this forum that deals with the problems that are always present in the master files. There's a section that details all of the default errors those files contain, including all of the deleted navmeshes present in the uncleaned versions of those files. There is nothing to be done about deleted navmeshes in the official game or DLC master files, just ignore those errors.

Look at the pinned cleaning thread in this forum that deals with the problems that are always present in the master files. There's a section that details all of the default errors those files contain, including all of the deleted navmeshes present in the uncleaned versions of those files. There is nothing to be done about deleted navmeshes in the official game or DLC master files, just ignore those errors.

Thanks Urtho. I'll be looking at this info to see if it lines up with what I'm finding in my mod.

Update: Quick read through seems like all the dlcs have deleted navs that can't be un-deleted so I feel some vindication. lol

I never exactly understood the problem, though. I know that deleted navs are supposed to cause issues for other mods, but you really can't install mods occupying the same space so not sure how the issue occurs.

Edited by NexBeth