How to resolve mod conflict?

Isilmeriel

I recently posted 2 addon weapons and for some odd reason enabling both ESPs causes one to overwrite another in game (Eorland sells one but not the other when he's supposed to sell both). I'm guessing it's a formID conflict but am unsure about it and Skyedit also doesn't allow manual formID editting. Would anyone be able to look through these ESPs and help me resolve the issue?

I'm aware that i can merge the two weapons into a single ESP but I'd rather keep them separate for now until I make a few more other items.

Here are the two files:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6687

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5727

Thanks.

Most likely they are both editing the same merchant container or leveled list. The last one loaded is the winner.

Oh I was under the impression that the mods append to the seller's inventory instead of replacing. I seem to remember my Oblivion mods working fine when they were sold by the same vendor. No way to resolve that other than combining the esps?

Most likely they are both editing the same merchant container or leveled list. The last one loaded is the winner.

Oh I was under the impression that the mods append to the seller's inventory instead of replacing. I seem to remember my Oblivion mods working fine when they were sold by the same vendor. No way to resolve that other than combining the esps?

"Last to load wins" mod conflict resolution has been the norm since BGS introduced the module system with Morrowind.

Did you use Bashed Patch in Oblivion? That may be what you're seeing in action in Oblivion. That makes use of the "last to load" system by creating an esp (the Bashed Patch) that has gobs and oodles of masters and auto-procedurally merged leveled lists... and then making it load last.