Essential/protected NPC gets replaced by Synths

AishaLove

I was looking at another request to make essential NPC ragdoll on "death" but I was thinking.

"How could you kill an essential NPC but not loose that NPC and still have access to the quests and missions they have available. You could kill anyone you wanted without fear of breaking your game.

I imagine the mod would work a bit like this.

I'm going to describe it as a series of step[s in a script but it should get the basic idea across.

Look for Essential NPCs
Tag them in some way
When the player kills an essential NPC the NPC ragdolls and appears dead (this could be the actual case or just the appearance of it)
The player leaves the cell
time passes (days maybe)
The NPC is recycled and set to whatever status they were in before the death and a synth component is placed in their inventory.

This would allow for indiscriminate murder without the risks and on a more complex level the mod could possibly add new dialog along the lines of "I killed you!!!!!" or "I saw you die, how is this possible?" ect.

I think this would spice up genocide runs because this would provide access to the quests in the game while still maintaining the kill on sight rule (at least for the first death).