Companions won't follow into interior cells

JamesAutumn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it looks like this is not just limited to companions. Mayor Mcdonough and Piper are stuck at the Diamond City entrance... Would post a picture but apparently I'm not allowed to on the forum.

On this instance the mod that altered DC is the culprit. Same thing happened to me until I removed mod for Diamond City. :happy:

As for pictures just post a link to Imagespace or upload pic here to Nexus and post link.

Also to everyone. Be aware that load order may be an issue as well. A mod may work fine- if loaded lower on the mod list (higher priority).

i'm going to delete my game and redownload it and try to get dogmeat to go into the building with preston and them and then start modding..... my only issue with this is i like to use looksmenu and presets for my character and his wife.... but the first try will just be plain VANILLA

edit: update, well everything works now and works a lot cleaner.... so yeah, fallout 4 just needed a good old spring cleaning

Edited by horouboi

So it looks like this is not just limited to companions. Mayor Mcdonough and Piper are stuck at the Diamond City entrance... Would post a picture but apparently I'm not allowed to on the forum.

On this instance the mod that altered DC is the culprit. Same thing happened to me until I removed mod for Diamond City. :happy:

As for pictures just post a link to Imagespace or upload pic here to Nexus and post link.

Also to everyone. Be aware that load order may be an issue as well. A mod may work fine- if loaded lower on the mod list (higher priority).

Not using any mods that change any locations, including DC.

i'm going to delete my game and redownload it and try to get dogmeat to go into the building with preston and them and then start modding..... my only issue with this is i like to use looksmenu and presets for my character and his wife.... but the first try will just be plain VANILLA

edit: update, well everything works now and works a lot cleaner.... so yeah, fallout 4 just needed a good old spring cleaning

Hope yours stays fixed horouboi. Mine did not. Did this once already. There was no problem for a while so I thought I had it licked. It came back though. Dog followed me fine. Codsworth, fine. Met Danse and that's where it got buggy. Tried going through every mod but nothing restores the followers ability to move through load screens.

• 2 weeks later...

after a clean install i still had this problem......however i removed fusion city rising, maxwells world and tales from the commonwealth and now my game is normal. Im not blaming those mods but my game went back to normal. Hopefully this helps someone.

after a clean install i still had this problem......however i removed fusion city rising, maxwells world and tales from the commonwealth and now my game is normal. Im not blaming those mods but my game went back to normal. Hopefully this helps someone.

Not using any of those. Attempted new game with no companion mods, everything worked up to after the settlers come to sanctuary. Problem came back. I found an old save where I did't have this problem. That game works fine. No explanation... Can't find any serious conflicts with FO4edit either. I'm stumped.