Photo

How do I attach a crafting category to an item.

attach crafting category blacksmithing station misc craftable item question existing category item into category item into categories

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

gamercash

gamercash

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 23 posts

Hello there. I am very new to the creation kit and I don't know how to do a lot of things.
Now then, as I am sure you are already aware, if you interact with a blacksmithing station, the recipes for craftable items are in categories such as IRON, STEEL, EBONY, and so on. When I make my own craftable item, the category defaults to MISC. So my question is this. How do I put the item that I added to the game into a category for a blacksmithing station? Thank you. :smile:

Novem99

Novem99

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

You have to add a material keyword to your new item and you can do this easily with the Creation Kit.

7bpcz6qm.jpg

Just right click in the keywords window and select "Add". Filter for "armormaterial" to see all keywords for armor and "weapmaterial" for weapons. If you don't add a material keyword your items will always be shown under MISC.

Edited by Novem99, 19 March 2017 - 09:40 AM.

gamercash

gamercash

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 23 posts

That worked perfectly. Thank you @Novem99

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: attach, crafting, category, blacksmithing station, misc, craftable item, question, existing category, item into category, item into categories

Page loaded in: 1.083 seconds