Croup Manor

jjb54

Linking multiple cells to the same settlement is a pain in the butt and leaves a lot of room for bugs. At the same time, it could just be a matter of Bethesda having no idea what we want in settlements. What we want, of course, is a diverse selection of areas with their own unique charms so that we can choose and build to our own liking. What Bethesda apparently thinks we want is eight iterations of "featureless patch of land with a shack and a farm plot," five houses by the waterside, a few settlements that are completely pointless to build on, a few that are actually interesting.and dozens of areas that would have made superb settlements but aren't settlements. It could be that Bethesda just figured we had no use for the basement.

Edited by TheSpaceShuttleChallenger

Yea the basement makes for a good crafting room, I agree it would be nice to build stuff in it but it's kinda not that big of a deal. I mostly wall off the basement and build the rest of the house into storage/utilities like a power plant. With some mods it makes a really cool place to build a town around with sim settlements.

. I mostly wall off the basement

now that's a mod I haven't seen

bricking over a door . . . I effectively do that in the Minuteman fort - want the attacks to come from the other side

can think of a few other settlements where bricked doors would be useful

At Croup Manor if you delete the basement door it just shows a rock face. I did this in my last build and removed the handrail at the top of the stairs then put a rug over the stairs but settlers still try to go down ! I also found that on the "rocky" side of the house I was able to disable a lot of the rocks then build a floor over them giving me a massively expanded area for shops and another house.

I use scrap everything mod to scrap the whole house then use console commands to disable the door and a few other things that can't be scrapped don't forget to use markfordelete command too after disable for each item. Then I disable all the nearby trees and crap that block turret fire and also to cut down on poly count in the area so my fps will be better then 10 fps when I go there. Too bad we can't change the music after taking over the settlement so no more creepy battle music but instead that boring settlement music and if we could get that companion thinks this place is creepy comments to disable as well after taking the settlement.

Croup manor is not the worst problem in this game no, the worst problem is you build all of the slog up just how you want it and just when you place the last light source it doesn't work so you scrap it and try again to place that laaaaaaast light and BOOM! CTD just like that and no you didn't save before it happened. I f*#@ing hate that bug I don't want to play this game for a whole day now just because of this dam bug I'm not building all that s#*! again lol. I really hope all the bugs get worked out of the settlement transfer mod so by the time I finish my playthrough I can just go and save all the settlements to blueprints before trying another playthrough later. I'm so tired of building this s#*! again and again and again.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I totally " lost " this thread in my " to follow ". :O

I finally just decided, I have " Scrap Everything " and so I scrapped the whole house and just put flooring over the steps to the basement. It is buried and done for, since it's really of no use.

So great thoughts and ideas though. :)

.. Jj ...

"Don't call me settler" lets you burn all the dead ghouls and they don't return (plus the dead Brahmin at Taffington Boathouse).

the scripts in Don't Call Me Settler that allow you to burn the dead bodies can cause severe problems in your save file.

there are some work-arounds that can sometimes fix the problems but it is best never to use those features in DCMS if you don't want to be forced to start over from the beginning.

"Don't call me settler" lets you burn all the dead ghouls and they don't return (plus the dead Brahmin at Taffington Boathouse).

the scripts in Don't Call Me Settler that allow you to burn the dead bodies can cause severe problems in your save file.

there are some work-arounds that can sometimes fix the problems but it is best never to use those features in DCMS if you don't want to be forced to start over from the beginning.

It doesn't matter anyway since DCMS stopped working properly a while ago and I deleted it thinking to reinstall it but I found that the author had disabled it so sadly I no longer have it. I am gutted because it was one of the most useful mods ever.