Sneak 2 and 3 trap/mines immunity only while sneaking?

Ivarov

The idea is to have the trap immunity from sneak 2 perk only work if you are sneaking (as your stepping is careful and 'lightstepy'), and the same idea for mines with Sneak 3. I could use some experienced advice and suggestions on this, like if someone tried this or if its not really doable..

(I couldn't find a mod that does exactly that, if there is one please direct me to it.)

The Sneak 3 situation seems a bit easier, as the conditions to the immunity effect "Mod Mine Explode Chance" are within the perk itself, so I believe this would work:

http://i.imgur.com/csF1dqP.jpg

(this adds two conditions for the mine immunity - being out of power armor AND being in stealth - the first one is from another great mod, the second one is what I'm trying to implement.)

The harder issue seems to be with Sneak 2, in which the trap stepping immunity is not actually within the perk, but rather as conditions on each ACTIVATOR item that can be stepped on. Following a similar line of thought as the aforementioned edit, I got to this (the example being the Balance Tripwire Activator):

http://i.imgur.com/xGh934v.jpg

I'd like to know people's opinion if this seems solid, or as I fear, this logic is either incorrect or will have an undesirable side-effect.
As it is on vanilla (left column), the logic seems to be:

Trap WILL trigger if: Subject doesn't have Sneak 2; AND; trap is not owned by subject (please correct me if I'm wrong)

As I edited (right column),

Trap WILL trigger if: Subject doesn't have Sneak 2; AND; Subject is NOT sneaking; AND; trap is not owned by you (again correct me if I'm wrong).
If this causes enemies to trigger their own traps solely because they're not sneaking while passing by them, that would be a problem. Would someone have an idea on this?

I could see from CK instead of FO4Edit, but not sure it would be any easier to visualize, as its easier to show the issue and comparison with screenshots using FO4Edit.

Also if your suggestion is 'test yourself ingame', would you know a quick coc location teleport i could go to test? my save is fresh and nowhere near any traps.
But, I'd prefer some feedback on the logic I'm using, where its wrong or how can I make it better, before I start testing.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

Edited by Ivarov

Thanks. I actually played the game less than I'd like, so I had to wiki it, you're referring to http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Milton_parking_garage right?
Will test soon :)
Actually I can't recall if hostiles trigger their own traps in vanilla FO4... if they do thats one less issue I have to worry about... but admittedly last time i recall seeing this behavior was on release patch, without any unofficial patch yet available. One more thing to test I guess.
Cheers!

Okay. So I have 4 observations. I'm calling them ' the Good, the Bad, the Ugly and the Weird '

The Good: It works for mines, that is, editing the conditions of the Sneak 3 perk. So, in game, if you walk over a mine while sneaking it will not explode. If you walk over it standing (pacing, running, sprinting) it WILL explode even with the perk (as I intended it to be). Well, most times at least actually, due to...

The Weird: if you pass by a mine while sneaking, the mine does not set off (ok). But if you stand up and pass by that same mine again, it doesn't explode either. My guess is: the 'Mod Mine Explode Chance" effect altered to 0 as the perk effect must "imprint" that information on each mine, that or more simply, if the mine doesn't explode on first contact, it stops being active (despite the player still being able to disarm and loot it)

The Bad: altering the conditions on the 6 or 7 activators that check if you have the Sneak 2 perk amounted to nothing (that is, adding a condition of "must be sneaking AND have Sneak 2"). The tripwires, balances and laser traps do not activate (if you have the perk) regardless of whether you are sneaking or walking up/running/sprinting. These activators have scripts associated with them, and the conditions editable via esp, so I'm guessing this will be a tricky one. I have little experience with programming, and looking at the script within a condition of these activators (namely TrapTripWire.psc) I couldn't figure out if anything there that would be related with this goal of altering sneaking triggers. The only function I think MIGHT have some to do with it, if any, is this one

"bool Function ShouldTrigger(ObjectReference akTriggerRef)

Actor TriggerActor = akTriggerRef as Actor
If (triggerByEnemiesOnly && TriggerActor as bool && TriggerActor.IsHostileToActor(Game.GetPlayer()) == False)
return False
Else
return True
EndIf
EndFunction"

Maybe if something alters the "hostility" of the player towards the activation under the condition that he is sneaking could solve it, but in terms of script language I've got no clues where to begin. :(

and the Ugly (IMO) : Enemies trigger their own traps even in vanilla FO4 (i tested with all types of traps with radroaches, raiders, supermutants, etc.) Doesn't seem to be as consistent (bug-wise consistent if you ask me) with mines, so all that makes me once more believe the "issues" with both the bad and the ugly lie under scripts. Which is a shame since I'm not very confident in editing them and also most mods that alter vanilla scripts are 'shunned' as 'high-risk mods', and I dont want to break peoples games...

I guess until I get some insight from someone or some eureka moment (very unlikely) this idea will remain in its crib :P I wouldn't say "dead" in its crib because half (sort of... ok 40%) of it actually kind of works, for Sneak 3 and mines. Still, far from mod-worthy-material so no intention of publishing such a tiny edit that will actually conflict with some big mods such as gameplay and perks and stealth overhauls.

Cheers